Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Safe Haven Book Review

Hello again :)

Today I am going a post about one of my favorite book I have any read and is called Safe Haven. This is a book written by Nicholas Sparks and is a love story. I love these types of books and is an amazing book so if you are looking for something to read I would seriously recommend it. Because I loved this book so much I have read it at least 5 times if not more and I decided that I would try and write a review about it. Now this is my first review on a book so I am going to try my hardest to make it useful and helpful.




The book follows a young lady called Erin but they go by the name of Katie who ran away from her abusive and controlling husband to a small town called Southport where she meets a man called Alex who is single parent and they fall in love. This isn't your typical love story however because Katie's husband is a police officer and is going to extreme lengths to find her and also has a serious drinking problem.



One thing I love about this book is the main character. This is because the reader gets to see Katie's growth throughout the whole book. This is because when she is first introduced, she is shy, scared and isn't very opened to the idea of love. This is because she believes that her husband is going to find her and hurt her. I can relate to this character because I have been through a bad break up and was also closed of to love for sometime. I also like Katie because as the book goes on you get to see her open up and begin to life life more and fall in love which is a beautiful thing. She begins to get her guard down and you begin to see her true self.



The other main character is Alex. He is described as a older man and has two younger children, one boy and one girl. He was previously married but has wife died which he and has two children are still affected by.

At the heart of the book, it is about a women who begins to slowly let down her guard and begins to put down roots in a close-knit town but as she begins to fall in love, she struggles to keep a dark secret and that could hurt her and anyone she is close to.

I would really recommend this book to anyone who loves a good love story and is a sucker for happy ending. See you in the next post.

Emily <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric