Sunday, 16 March 2014

Nervous Girls

Today I am going to do a very personal post that I have been thinking about writing for a long time but haven't found the confidence. One thing that every girl has in common is nerves. I have battled with nerves for such a long time, in fact I don't remember a time when I wasn't nervous. I get nervous about everything and anything which makes it harder for me and I know that I am not the only one who feels like this. Things that make me nervous include meeting new people, getting the bus, going to the supermarket, talking to a group of people and many other things.

Being nervous affects me in many different ways and can make me feel down and depressed. This is because it often stops me from doing things that other normal teenagers do. This includes going to parties, having relationships and going to work. I find places with alot of people makes me very nervous. This is because I am scared and worried that they are looking at me and judging me. This is something that I will always have to battle with and is something that really does affect me. Having relationships is another thing that makes me nervous. This is because I am scared about connecting and opening up and therefore I can sometimes get cold feet. Another thing that makes me very nervous is going to work. I have a part-time job and I am not going to lie, I hate getting up on a saturday and going to work because I am nervous about what people will think and how they will react.

Nerves affect me more than I know and I am still trying to figure out how to deal with it but I try everyday. One way that I use to try and control nerves is to not over think it, whether its a situation or person that is making you feel nervous. One way to do this is to hang out with friends or family or to watch your favorite tv shows because it will take your mind off it. Another thing is to try and not care about what other people think and just go for it. Now I know this is very hard for a lot of people to do and in fact I find this very hard to do and often I can't but if you want to live life to the fullest then you have to learn to be happy with yourself.

   

I hope that this post speaks to you and helps you deal with nerves. I just wanna say to you that everyone is scared and is nervous and that you are never alone. See you very soon and remember you are strong and beautiful.

Emily <3

P.S if you want to follow me and get updates when I put up a new post just fill in the email box in the top right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric