Saturday, 19 April 2014

Looking Ahead...University

Hello my lovelies and welcome back to my blog. Today's post is going to be a different type of post because I am going to talk about something that a lot of people will be going through. I am in my last year in school and therefore I am thinking about university. Now, for me this is a very scary thought I am not going to lie, I am so scared. But from talking to other people and friends, everyone feels this way when they first think about university because you are going to a new place, living by yourself and making new friends. I started this process almost a year ago by looking at different universities, which is a stressful process for me. I am the person that finds it difficult to decide what they want to eat in a restaurant so when it came to choosing a university it was a nightmare. In the end I decided to make a list of things that the university and course must have for me to consider applying. Some things on this list included, location, family, course, fitness and health. For location I wanted to go a university that wasn't too far away from my family because me and my family are very close so I decided to apply to universities within a 2 to 3 hours of my family. Courses are the thing that can really make your university experience great for terrible. I would recommend looking very closely at the courses because even if two courses have the same name they may not have the same units so I would say that you should check out the units to ensure you are happy with the content of the course. Some people may think that fitness and health is not something you think about when going to university but I am a sport student and therefore the sport facilities is very important to me.

Anyway after all this stress I have been offered a place in a university and the other day I went to visit the place and I really like it. The location is nice, it is small which is good for my social anxiety, got some amazing sport facilities and some amazing shopping! I decided to write this post because I wanted to tell everyone who feels that university may be too scared to do, try it because everyone is feeling this way and sometimes if you don't try it, you don't know what your missing. I will hopefully be writing more posts about my journey from school to university..

Emily <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric