Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm // Review



I thought I would do a review today as I haven't done one in a while and I am going to review the Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm in the colour Vivacious (120). I first heard about these lip products from Essiebutton and Miss Budget Beauty so I thought that I would buy one to try out and because I love pink, I picked up this bright pink colour. I know that I am so late onto the train about these products but I brought this lip product months ago and then I kind of forgot about it and the other day I decided to wear it and I suddenly remembered how much I love it and thought I should review it, so here we go...


The first thing I noticed about this lacquer balm is that, it felt light on the lips and was very pigmented. It give a glossy finish which I really like. I love the way that the product feels on the lips because it feels hydrating and doesn't dry my lips out which is a plus side. The formula is described as 'high shine with a balm like mositure' which is  and I can agree with this. I feel that this particular one gives a semi sheer finish and remains glossy on the lips. Because it has a glossy finish, it is rather sticky so it can leave your lips feeling a bit sticky if you go overboard with the amount of product to apply. The product itself, is soft to apply and goes on very well. 



One thing that I really like about this product is the smell because it smells like peppermint and gives it a fresh feel. I also like the packaging because it comes in a twist up crayon style packaging which means that you don't waste any product and you don't need to sharpen it either. However there are a couple of down sides to it as well. One of these is that it comes off when you drink or eat and if you go to hug someone, the product will come from onto them or their clothes which can be a problem if its a bright pink colour. Another thing is that you will have to reapply during the day and you will also have to make sure it doesn't smudge all over your chin. The last thing that I noticed was that after a while the product begins to melt which isn't great so just bear that in mind. Overall I like this lip balm stick because it is easy to apply, quick to apply, easy to do while travelling and has very cute packaging. 


Have you ever tried the Lacquer Balm before? What do you think?

Emily <3 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric