Thursday, 17 July 2014

How I Stay Heathy & 30 Day Yoga Challenge


One thing that I always struggled with is having a healthy lifestyle and I am by no means a perfect role model for this but I wanted to share with you what I do to try my best to maintain a fairly healthy lifestyle. Having a healthy lifestyle isn't just about one thing and it really consists of different parts of your lifestyle and these include eating habits, exercise and being active. I thought that I would show you how I try to keep my lifestyle semi-healthy...

Eating habits


I always hear people talking about how they go on these diets and eat really healthy foods however I love food and I find it extremely hard to eat healthy but I have found a few tips over the last months and I decided I would tell you guys about them. The first tip is that I cut down on the amount of snacks that I have and if I get really hungry between meals, I often reach for a fruit rather than biscuits or sweets. Another way to reduce the amount of snacking is by increasing the meal sizes so I'm not hungry between meals. The second tip I have is to time the food intake, rather than eating breakfast and than lunch an hour later, I try to spread my meals out evenly so that I am not hungry or too full to eat even if this means getting up earlier to eat breakfast. My last tip is not to stave yourself with diets or not allow yourself to eat the food you want because when I tried this, it drained my energy levels and I became very grumpy and I still allow myself to have unhealthy foods every now and then as a treat. I also wanted to add that drinking water is very important and this is something that I am quite good at and I will often just go a whole day just drinking water.


Exercise / Being Active


Exercise and being active is almost as bad as eating healthy for me and is again something that I struggle with however I have been trying my best and if there is one thing I have learnt recently, it is that exercise doesn't have to be hard and boring. I often do gentle exercise like a walk or pilates or just doing some stretching. I often do these exercises because they are easy and a lot of the time I don't even notice that I am doing exercise or being active because they are just part of my lifestyle so you could include walking into your lifestyle by walking rather than taking the car. This could be walking to school, the gym, work, the shopping centre or mall or even just walking the dogs or with friends. Another way that I keep active is by cycling because if I am feeling too lazy to walk I might crack out my bicycle. I also love swimming and I train around three times a week so I don't go to the gym but you don't have to go to the gym either because you could just go for a run outside, for a swim in your locate pool, or if your a home person, you could create a fitness circle in your garden or living room.

30 day yoga challenge

One thing that I have started recently is the 30 day yoga challenge and I wasn't sure about this when I first started it and I didn't think that I would be very good and wouldn't make time for it but I am now on day three so it's been good so far. You could take part in the 30 day yoga challenge as well by typing in ' 30 day yoga challenge' into youtube and the videos should come up. This challenge is perfect and only takes around 20 minutes out of your day and you can chose when you want to do it. I normally do my daily yoga in the morning just so that it is out of the way and it refreshes and relaxes me and because I suffer from anxiety, doing yoga just makes me relax. However you could always do yoga after work to relive you from the stress of the day as well.

I hope that this post has been interesting and helpful and as I said have said before I am not a perfect role model for this or doctor so I just do these things because they work for me and this doesn't always mean that they will work for you and feel free to change any of these tips to suit you. If you want to know about anything or would like me to go into more depth about any of the areas that I have covered than you can always leave a comment below.

What do you to stay health? Do you have any tips for me? 

Emily <3 


6 comments:

  1. Oh I never heard of the yoga challenge but I'd love to try it, I'll look it up :) Thanks for sharing!

    http://ramyun-pie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give it a go! It is so relaxing :D thanks for reading xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check out my post here http://mysteriousblogger21.blogspot.com/2014/07/liebster-blog-award_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really against gyms! I'd much rather run outside, which is what I usually do. I need to get back into cycling again but I usually try to focus on running as it burns more calories, haha. Bad, I know!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly ever go to the gym because I love running out in the countryside or just outside in general :D thanks for reading and commenting xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric