Thursday, 31 July 2014

July Favourites


I can't believe that it is almost the end of July because it means that I am one month closer to moving out and going off to university which is a scary thought but since it's the end of the month I decided that it was time to crack out my July Favourites. I decided for this month to put both my beauty and non-beauty favourites into one blog post. I have skincare, make up, books, candles, music and movies and tv shows...


Make Up 
There are three make up items that I have been loving this month. The first item is the Cream Puff by Collection and it is in Cotton Candy. I love this lip paint because it stays on my lips and does't move and feels soft and smooth. I have used this so much that I actually need to buy a new one because there is none left in the tube! The second item is a blush and is by Natural Collection in Peach Melba. This has been my 'go to' blush for the whole month and only cost £1.99. This blush gives off a peachy healthy colour which is great for the summer time. The last make up item is a liquid eye liner which I hadn't used much but this month, I have been loving eye liner rather than eyeshadow and this eye liner from Rimmel is great because it has a fine tip and creates a nice black line. 


Nail Polish
My two favourite nail polishes of the month have to be Nicole by OPI in 'Jade in the Shade' and Revlon 'Sweet Tart'. I love the Nicole by OPI colour because it is a dark blue colour and reminds me of a mermaid and is perfect for wearing on summer holiday. The Revlon colour has also been a favourite because it is a hot pink colour and is perfect for just wearing all summer and I got loads of people asking me what colour I was wearing. 


Skincare 
I have three skincare favourites and they all do different things. The first thing that I have been loving is the Simple Kind To Skin Light Moisturiser and I really like this because it is light and absorbs into the skin very quickly and claims to work for up to 12 hours. The next item is from Soap and Glory and is there Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em  Body Buff which I have been using two or three times a week. This stuff just really scrubs my skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth and smells amazing not to mention they look very pretty. The other item isn't really a skincare item but I included it anyway and it is a conditioner treatment. It is the Garnier Ultimate Blends 1 minute treatment and can I just say how amazing it smells and leaves my feeling soft and smooth and only requires 1 minute of your time. 


Books
I haven't had as much time to read as I would like because of the amount of time I am spending with the family as they are now on summer holidays but I have really been loving 'We Were Liars' by E. Lockhart and I brought this after I heard about it from Essiebutton and is worth a read. The other book I have been reading lately has been the Lauren Conrad Beauty Book which I love reading when I have a spare couple of minutes and I am learning so much about beauty and if you love make up I would recommend this book. 


Candle
I have only really been burning two candles this month and one of them was featured in my June Favourites but because it took so long to burn out, I only really tried one other candle. This is the Yankee Candle in 'Summer Scoop' and it smells amazing. I got this candle in the sale last christmas but I saved it up for the summer and I am so happy I did because it smells like summer in a candle. 



Music
I have been loving a range of different things in terms in music and songs but some standouts include Lucy Hale Road Between, Luke Byran and Sam Smith. I have also been loving Classic by Mkto and I will never let you down by Rita Ora. 


Movies 
There have been three main movies that I have seen and really liked. The first one is Walking on Sunshine and is my favourite out of the three because it is a feel good, sing along kind of movie and I personally love 80's music so this is perfect for me. The second movie that I have been liking is Maleficent because it is about never judging people from the outside and this is a great movie for the whole family. The last movie is The Other Woman and this movie just made me giggle non stop and is the perfect girls night movie. 


TV Shows 
The last couple of things that have been my favourite for the month of July have been TV shows. One show that has really stood out to me has been Pretty Little Liars because it just keeps getting better and better. Other shows include The Fosters, Mistresses, Young & Hungry, Hollyoaks and The OC which I have been watching non stop. 

And that is everything that is everything I have been loving during July and I hope that you guys had an amazing July and that you enjoyed this post and that is wasn't too long! 

What are your July Favourites? 

Emily <3 






20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it's an amazing candle :) thanks for reading and commenting xx

      Delete
  2. Nice post, enjoyed reading it! xx

    http://littlebitofsassy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of the nail polish colors!

    http://babblingboutbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha they are amazing colours! :D xx

      Delete
  4. I've nominated you for a Liebster award! Check out the details here: (http://thegraduategoddess.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-liebster-award.html) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. University is such a fun time, you'll love it. I have this Revlon polish is sweet tart and I love it. PLL is also one of my all time favourite shows for definite.

    http://beautyblog.skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I'm kinda nervous and excited at the same time! I love PLL and the revlon nail polish too! :D xx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful fav' ;) I really love the Soap&Glory scrub "Scrub'em'and leaves'em" ;) I love the movie " Maleficient" too :)
    X from France
    Laura from http://neverwithoutmylipstick.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading and commenting :D xx

      Delete
  7. I really want to read that book! I heard so many good things about it :)

    Michelle from www.glassow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. both the books are amazing :) thanks for reading and commenting xx

      Delete
  8. Ooh I really want to try the Collection Cream Puffs! Love Sam Smith and Pretty Little Liars!

    CassandraMyee | NZ Beauty Blog - International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the collection cream puffs are so good! :D thanks for reading and commenting xx

      Delete
  9. Hey honey, great post! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can check out the rules on my blog xx

    Louleecutie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for nominating me and for reading and commenting :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric