Tuesday, 1 July 2014

Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick // First Impressions





It's time for another first impressions post and today's product is the Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in the number 20. I recently hauled this product however if you haven't read that post, I basically found this lipstick in the discounted basket at Boots and decided to pick it up and give it a go. The main reason I brought this lipstick was because of the colour. As much as I love red and orange toned lipsticks, I don't wear them all that often so I thought I would wear this pink lipstick more often. This lipstick only cost me 2 pounds which is a bargain but they only normally cost 5.49 which isn't that bad either. 

The first off I love the packaging of the product because it looks like a really high end lipstick because of the black sleek packaging and the amount of product you get is good as well. The lipstick twists up like any other normally lipstick does. The lipstick has Kate written on it, as it is from the Kate Moss collection but it still has the classic crown sign of Rimmel on the top of the lid. 

From applying for the first time, the lipstick seems to have a smooth texture to it and glides onto the lips very nicely. It doesn't pull on the lips either and has a soft feeling to it. Another thing that I like about this lipstick is that it smells good and isn't too strong that it gives you a headache either. When I applied the lipstick to my lips, I noticed that the colour was quite bright and wouldn't be a colour to wear on a daily basic however if you pair a neutral eye look with it, it really focuses the attention on the lips. 

However I have found a couple of flaws when I tried this lipstick for the first time. One thing I noticed was that , it applied fairly shear and I had to apply a couple of layers in order to build up the coverage and make it opaque. A couple of minutes after applying, I noticed that the lipstick had smudged a little bit which was a bit disppointing and I also saw that the lipstick is transferable and leaves marks on glasses when you take a drink. 

Overall I really like this lipstick and gives a lovely bright pink colour. The packaging is great and is really worth the price. I hope that this first impressions post has helped you decided about whether to buy this lipstick or not (I would buy it!). 


Have you tried any of the Rimmel Kate Collection Listicks? 

Emily <3  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric