Thursday, 24 July 2014

Top 5 Under £5 Drugstore Products


I recently did a top 5 under 10 pounds post and I got a lot of positive feedback about it and so I thought that I would do a top 5 under 5 pounds post. As I am sure I have told you before, I am such a drugstore girl and I love making trips to Boots and Superdrug so these types of posts are so much fun to write and create. 


The first product is a mascara and it is from Maybelline because they sell amazing mascaras but they are fairly pricey, however this mascara only cost £4.99. This mascara has had mixed reviews but I generally don't mind it and find it fine to use. I brough the Great Lash Mascara with the smaller wand and I find this is useful for applying mascara to my lower lashes. 


One of my favourite brands to buy cheap nail polish from is Barry M and I personally love their Gelly Hi Shine Nail Polishes and the colour Greenberry is amazing. This nail polish has a thick texture and has a shiny finish which I love and only really requires one or two coats. The Gelly Hi Shine nail polishes cost £3.99 which isn't as cheap as the normally Barry M Nail Polishes but I don't mind an extra pound. 


The next product is the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder which is a 'must have' for me and I use it everyday. It keeps me oil free and keeps my face matte. However the packaging is fairly cheap and can easily be broken if it isn't looked after well but for £3.99 you can't really ask for more because the product its self is amazing for a drugstore product. 


I am sure that you would have heard about this product before and its the Maybelline colour tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' or 'Bad to the Bronze'. This was one of the first things I ever brought and I use almost everyday because I love a good bronze eyeshadow look and it is so easy to apply. I often don't bother using a brush and just apply it with my fingers and then just blend it out. They come in so many colours and only cost £4.99. 


Recently I have been loving my liquid eyeliner from Rimmel and I haven't heard too many people talking about this product but I personally love it and is fairly cheap compared to other brands such as Maybelline and L'oreal. The main reason why I love this product is that it has a small fine tip and is perfect for people who can't apply liquid liner like me. It only cost £5.49 which is about two pounds cheaper than L'oreal eyeliners. I know that this product is over 5 pounds but when I brought it only cost 4.99. 

That's everything in my top 5 under 5 pounds post and I hope that this post has given you ideas on what to buy if your on a budget and want to know what you can get for 5 pound or under. If you enjoy these products comment below telling me what other drugstore related posts you would like to see.

What's your favourite cheap drugstore product?

Emily <3 



6 comments:

  1. I love Rimmel products in general :) Although, I did try their Stay Matte powder, not the transparent one, and it didn't really keep me matte.. Also, I don't like that it's not a compact.. Other than that I love the eyeliners and Kate Moss lipsticks :)

    Arianne | http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the kate moss lipsticks as well :) thanks for reading and commenting xx

      Delete
  2. Hey honey, great post! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can check out the rules on my blog xx

    Louleecutie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Barry Gelly polishes- and the Maybelline On and On bronze colour tattoo :) Some of my favs
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric