Tuesday, 26 August 2014

How I Style Skorts


I am back with a new post and today it's a fashion post! I haven't done a fashion related post in the longest time so I thought that I would show you how I style a skort. Some of you might be asking 'what in the world is a skort?'. Well it's a mix of a short and skirt which is just brilliant idea and I have been wearing my skort all summer time because it is comfortable yet they still look very girly and chic. The pair I am going to be styling are from Primark which shouldn't really be a shock. This skort is black with white hearts all over them and they have shorts at the back and at the front two pieces of fabric cross over to create a skirt like look. They are so comfortable I can't even tell you! Anyway I have come up with a few different outfits that show you how I like to wear and style skorts.


The first outfit I put together has more of an edgy feel to it and I love it! It contains a leather jacket, white top, black tights and studded biker boots. This outfit would be perfect for the autumn and winter time and includes a lot of black. This outfit really makes the skort stand out because of the pattern and adds a girly touch to an otherwise edgy look. 

Leather jacket: Forever 21 
Top: Primark
Tights: Primark 
Studded Biker Boots: New Look 


The next outfit is a more fancy and sophisticated look and would be perfect for a dinner party. It includes a white button up top, a white tank top, a statement necklace and a pair of black pumps. I really love this outfit because it makes the skort more girly and would be perfect if you want to look cute but want to be comfortable at the same time. I added a white tank top under the button up shirt to give it that classy look. 

White Button Up Shirt: Primark 
Tank Top: Marks & Spencer 
Statement Necklace: Primark 
Black Pump Heels: Primark 


This outfit is the perfect summer look and would be great to wear to a BBQ because it is fancy yet not too dressy and makes you look very girly. This outfit is made up of a hot pink cropped top and a pair of black wedges. The thing I love most about this outfit is that it is so simple but effectively and it still looks very put together and the top really adds some colour to the outfit. 

Hot Pink Top: H&M
Black Wedges: Primark 


The last outfit is a more casual look and is perfect for grabbing lunch with friends or doing your food shopping. It is made up of a black tank top, denim jacket and sliver flip flops. My favourite part of this outfit is the denim jacket because it really brings a pop of colour to the outfit and gives it that summer feel. I paired the skort with a black tank top which gives it a sleek look and the sliver flip flops give it that effortless chic summer look. 

Black Tank Top: H&M 
Denim Jacket: Primark 
Flip Flops: Havaianas Slim Style 

And that's all the outfits I created and hopefully this gives you some idea of how you could rock your skort. Of course this is just my style and you don't have to create the same outfits and you can replace different items with things you have in your wardrobe. Hope that this post has useful and that you enjoyed it. 

Do you own a skort? How do you style it?

Emily <3 

6 comments:

  1. I don't have a skort, I've just never gotten around to buying one but I do love them and I really like the pattern on yours!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the pattern is my favourite part :) xx

      Delete
  2. OMG those skorts look amazing on you!! Such a cool statement piece.

    Baloon's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I really love them :) thanks for reading and commenting xx

      Delete
  3. I wish it was warm enough in England to still wear skorts! I might have to try them with tights, thanks for the idea (:

    - Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know the feeling but tights go well with skorts too! xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric