Sunday, 24 August 2014

Make Up Handbag Staples


I don't know about you but I am that person that carries a massive handbag around with them and fills it with things that I hardly ever end up using. However one thing that does come in handy is the make up that goes into my bag. I don't actually keep a make up bag in my handbag as I don't wear make up everyday so when I need to bring make up around with me, it is often just thrown in last minute and today I thought I would show you what my make up handbag staples are. 

Mascara
This is a weird one because I don't normally reapply mascara throughout the day but still end up carrying it around. However I count this as a handbag staple because there are times when it rains and your mascara runs and the volume and length just disappears. The mascara I am currently using is the Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express which is amazing and just gives tons of volume. 

Pressed Powder
As a girl battling oily skin, I always need my powder with me. This is needed for the times when I get nervous and sweat and if the temperature is fairly high. The powder I am currently using is the Seventeen Miracle Matte which is amazing for keeping my skin oil and shine free. I also carry this one around because it contains a sponge and mirror which perfect for on the go people. 

Lip Balm
I also have a million lip balms floating around in the bottom of my bag and they are perfect if your like me and often end up getting dry lips throughout the today. The one I normally use is The Body Shop Watermelon Lip Balm which smells so good and really leaves me lips feeling smooth soft. 

Lipstick
If you are wearing lipstick then I would recommend carrying the lipstick with you for touch ups throughout the day. This is great for using after you have had lunch or a snack just to touch up your lips. The lipstick that I have been carrying around with me a lot recently is the Rimmel Moisture Renew  in Nude Delight which is the perfect nude lipstick colour. 

Eyeliner 
Another thing that I always have in my handbag is my eyeliner of the day. This is because I suffer from oily eyelids and therefore I often need to reapply my eyeliner. One of my favourite eyeliners of the moment is the Rimmel Scandaleyes Pencil in Bronze. I love this liner because it suits my brown eyes very well and looks more natural than a black liquid liner.

Hair comb/ Hairbrush 
The last staple of mine is a hair comb or hair brush because my hair always end up such a mess after an hour because of wind and other things so I love keeping a small hair comb in my handbag for the times when the wind just decides to completely restyle my hair. I also keep a comb for little fly away hairs that pop up.

That's all of my make up handbag staples and of course this is just my own staples and you don't have to carry any of these things with you. Hopefully this has given you some idea of things that you could carry around with you and what you may need.

What are your make up handbag staples? 

Emily <3 

2 comments:

  1. Love these staples, especially the mascara just love the results this gives and the price is even better!! ;) xx

    www.krystelcouture.com | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that mascara is my favourite at the moment! xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric