Friday, 22 August 2014

School Days // Going Down Memory Lane & My Advice

The end of summer means that everyone begins to go back to school, college and university. This time of year always makes me nervous but then I guess everyone is because there are people moving from Primary to Secondary to Sixth college and finally to University. I thought that I would share my experience of my school days and some of my stand out moments for me.


I honestly can't remember Primary School that much and that was because I never really enjoyed it very much so I can't say much about that but a moment that stands out to me was starting my Secondary school for the first time and that was because it was a fresh start and a chance to meet new people. I remember being so nervous but I think that the excitment helped me through and I ended up being the loudest and most outgoing person in the whole school (sometimes I think I was a bit too loud!). I also remember hanging out with the 'popular people' in the first couple of months but then I met this amazing cool girl called Naomi and we became best friends and to this day we remain friends. I really believe that I had one of the best Secondary school experiences ever and I joined so many clubs ; netball, basketball, swimming, cross-country, choir, orchestra and dance club. However before I got to finish secondary school, me and my family moved country and I started a sixth form college.

Oh sixth form college. I honest can't figure out why I didn't fit in well but I tried so hard to make friends  but it wasn't meant to be and I was the class loner but I soon found friends outside of my class and course and they were crazy and amazing and this really made me think that you should never change your self to make friends. In my sixth form college, we had a range of different courses and I didn't end up finding friends in my class but it made me study harder and when I finished, I ended up with full marks in everything and the highest marks in the whole year which I am not going to lie feels real good!

Anyway enough about me because I know that so many people will be going heading to secondary school, sixth form college and university. Some people will fit in straight away and make loads of friends and will be so excited but most will be nervous and anxious and worry that they won't make new friends or fit in. It's normal to feel this way and most people will be just like you. However one piece of advice I would give this that school is what you make of it. School isn't for everyone and some will love it and some will hate it and thats ok because no one is the same. Of course school will have low moments such as friendships failing, boyfriends, homework but there will be some moments when you find yourself loving it. As much as you hate or love it, school shapes you into the person you will become when your older because it tests you strengths and your weaknesses and yes teachers will push you to your limits and push you out of your comfort zone but this will make you stronger and wiser.

So if your starting a new academic year then good luck to you and just remember to be your self and enjoy it because you only go to school once. Well I hope that you have found this post somewhat useful and hopefully I didn't bore you with you school day memories! I know that this a different type of post but I wanted to write a more personal post but don't worry there are many more beauty posts coming your way! Of course this is just my advice and personal experiences because everyone is different.

What were your favourite school memories? 

Emily <3 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post, it's really helpful x
    I would love to stay in touch with you, so if you want to follow each other on google (GFC) and bloglovin, please let me know! x
    Beataba.blogspot.com ❃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you found it helpful :) love to stay in touch! xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric