Thursday, 14 August 2014

The Best & Worst Of Rimmel Products


One brand that I love from the drugstore is Rimmel however even the best and most popular brands sometimes get it wrong and today I thought that I would do a best and worst post about Rimmel products. I felt that it was time to crack a best and worst post because I felt that I had tried enough products to be able to do this post. Of course I haven't every product that rimmel sells but here are the best and worst products I have tried from Rimmel..



Best: Rimmel Nail Polishes 
If you have read any of my previous posts, you might know that I am nail polish crazy so this shouldn't be surprising! However my first product that I am going to taking about is there nail polishes and these are a best product. At £2.99 per bottle, you can't really go wrong and are some of the best nail polishes in the drugstore. They are fairly long lasting and cheap and come in a range of colours. My personal favourite is 'Loafer Love For You' which is a royal blue colour. 




Best: Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipsticks
Along side nail polishes, I also love lipsticks and Rimmel has some of the best in the drugstore. My favourites are the Kate Lasting Finish Lipsticks in both the matte and normal finish. These are great lipsticks because they have such good pigmentation and colour payoff and they come in a range of colours. These lipsticks are also on the cheaper side and cost £4.99. The lipsticks I have are 110 in matte finish and 22 and 20 in the normal black packaging. 



Best: Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara 
Rimmel isn't that well known for their mascaras unlike Maybelline, however my favourite mascara of the moment is from Rimmel and is the Lash Accelerator. When I first saw the brush, I wasn't sure about it but it was on sale so I picked it up and I love it because really lengths my lashes and gives them a lot more volume. The brush on the mascara wand is narrow but that is perfect for getting the bottom lashes and really getting into the lashes. This mascara costs £7.99 which isn't cheap but it is worth it for the volume and length it gives. 



Best: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeshadow Paint
Next up, is a eyeshadow paint in the shade 'Golden Bronze' and I included this in 'What's In My Travel Make Up Bag?'. When I first brought this product I wasn't sure about it and it just sat in my make up tray for weeks and then one day I decided to give it a go and I haven't looked back since. It is so easy to apply and you only need one coat and then you are good to go for the rest of the day. It is that simple! These eyeshadow paints cost £4.99 each which is a great price and they have amazing staying power and can be used as a base if you want. 


Best: Rimmel Stay Matte Powder 
If there is one thing that a lot of bloggers and youtubers talk about, it is the stay matte powder. It is so hyped up in the beauty world but there have also been some mixed reviews but overall I like this powder. If you are very oily and want to be completely matte, this isn't the best powder for you, but if you want a powder just to set everything than this is perfect and is as cheap as chips at the price £3.99. I have my powder in the colour 'Transparent'.



Best: Rimmel Scandaleyes Liquid & Pencil Eyeliner
Rimmel is rather famous for there eyeliners and in particular their 'Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil'. These pencils are great for lining the waterline and if you are going for a natural look, you could also line near the lash line on the top. This pencil cost £2.99 and my pencil is in the colour Sable Brown. The other liner that I love from Rimmel is their Scandaleyes Precision Micro Eyeliner which is a pen type liner and looks like a market pen which makes it easy to apply and is a thin brush to apply it with. This liquid liner cost £5.49 which is fairly cheap when compared to other brands such as L'oreal. 


Worst: Rimmel BB Cream 'Light'
This BB cream from Rimmel was one of the first make up products I brought from the drugstore and this is because I didn't want a foundatino but a lighter coverage instead. In fact, I used this BB cream quite a bit but after I changed to a different BB cream, I noticed that the spots on my face began to disappear and I think that this BB cream may have caused me to break out a bit and if you have oily skin, stay well away from this. This BB cream cost £6.99 which isn't that cheap either. 


Worst: Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush
When I began to get into make up, the first blush I ever brought was from Rimmel and at the time I loved it, but then I noticed that my face had glitter on it, and then I saw that the blush had glitter parts in it which isn't what I want in a blush really and although the colour is nice and it is small and good for travelling with, I am just not a fan of this blush. However on a positive note, this blush only cost £3.99 which is great for a blush. 


Worst: Rimmel Glam'Eyes Eyeshadow Quads 
I love a good eyeshadow quad and when I saw these quads I was so excited but the excitement didn't last for long. The pigmentation of the eyeshadows aren't all that bad, but they just slip off the eye lids after a couple hours even if I apply a primer as well. They don't blend that well either which is such a disappointment really. They cost £6.99 each which isn't cheap for four eyeshadows. 


Worst: Rimmel Glam'Eyes Eyeshadow Single 
I have also got a single eyeshadow from the same Glam' Eyes collection and the pigmentation is better but the staying power just isn't there and that is what I really look for in a eyeshadow and this eyeshadow is in the colour 'Punchy Taupe' which has glitter in. This single eyeshadow cost £4.49 which for a single eyeshadow is very overpriced. 


Worst: Rimmel Glam' Eyes HD Eyeshadow Quad
The last product is yet another eyeshadow quad and this time it's not so much the pigmentation but the packaging instead. As you can tell from the picture above, the eyeshadows come in a england flag kind of design which is cute until you try and get the eyeshadow of the colours that are in the tiny areas. It makes it so hard to get and a lot of the time, you end up getting a mixture of all the colours which isn't great and at the end of the day, you don't want to have to spend hours trying to folk out eyeshadows from tiny spaces. These cost £6.99 each and considering you can only really get one colour out, it isn't very good valve for money. 

Well that was a lot of products! I hope that this post wasn't too long and hopefully you found it useful and helpful so the next time you are in boots, you know which products to get. These are just my thoughts on the products and they may work well or worse for you and if I didn't like a product that doesn't mean it won't work for you. 

What are you favourite Rimmel products? Are these any I missed? 

Emily <3

6 comments:

  1. All of these look so amazing!! :)
    Followed you on GFC,hope you'll do the same!:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! You got the best and worst right! I find that their lipsticks are way better then their eyeshadow quads by miles. :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love love love the Kate Moss lipsticks. I haven't tried the Scandal Eyes Eye Paint yet, but I do have the Eye Crayon and I wear it almost every day! Think I'll be poking around your blog a bit more

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the kate moss lipsticks are in favourite ever! :D thanks so much that means that world! xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric