Tuesday, 2 September 2014

Evening Skincare Routine



I thought it was about time for a skincare post so I decided that I would share with you what my evening skincare routine is. I like to keep my skincare routine fairly simple and I am no skincare expert so I just use products that I think will help keep my skin clean and healthy. I wanted to do this post because I have been trying out a couple of different products recently so if you want to see how I remove my make up and look after my face then this is the post for you...


The first thing I do after a long day is to use my No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm and massage it into my skin and then rise it off with warm water or a cloth. This cleansing balm is a new product that I am trying out and I got it with my No7 discount voucher so I brought this cleansing balm for £5 rather than £9.99 which is great! As for the actual product, it does a good job of removing my face make up but it doesn't really get the mascara off my eyes but I do wear a silly amount of mascara! However one thing I would say is that this Cleansing Balm has a rather strong perfume like smell to it so just bear that in mind but I generally like this cleanser. 


The next step of my routine is to use my Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and I just take a cotton pad and wipe this on my face to make sure it is extra clean. I also use this cleansing water to remove my eye make up and mascara because this cleansing water is gentle on my eyes and doesn't sting them. I heard alot about this product and I really like it because it is fairly cheap for the amount of product you get and it really does a good job of removing any left over make up. 


After I have fully cleansed, I use a toner and the toner of choice is the Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner. I have been using this toner for a few months because it is alcohol free and is cheap at £2. I just take a cotton pad and pour toner onto it and then wipe my face with it and it refreshes my skin and gets rid of any left over makeup. Another thing I love about this toner is that it doesn't smell and absorbs into the skin quickly. 


The final step in my skincare routine is to apply a moisturiser. My personal favourite at the moment is the Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser which is amazing because it absorbs into the skin really quickly and doesn't lie on your face for ages and really leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft and is fairly cheap as well. Another great thing about this product is that it claims to work for 12 hours and when I wake up in the morning, my skin feels so refreshed and smooth. 

And that's everything I do to my face at night and before I go to bed! I hope you guys enjoyed and found it useful. This is just my routine and I don't know the best way to take care of my skin because I am not an expert but these products and this routine work well for me. 

What are your favourite skincare products? 

Emily <3 

4 comments:

  1. I too use Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I mostly wash my face with soap and do peeling once a week. Great post and keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the micellar cleansing water is great :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard so much about the Micellar water from Garnier so it's definitely something I'm going to pick up - Simple products I haven't used anything which I love from them which is a shame and after seeing that their ingredients aren't that 'simple' I'm slightly put off by them which is a shame!

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get on with simple products really well! xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric