Sunday, 21 September 2014

Products For Oily Skin


As someone who struggles with oily skin I know how hard it can be to find products that actually help to combat the oil and shine rather than making your face more shiny. There are so many products in the drugstore that claim to help or stop shin but they don't always work. An example of this would be the famous Rimmel Stay Matte Powder which doesn't keep me matte at all. However over the last couple of months, I have picked up a few products that would be great for oily skin and I thought I would share them with you. I picked a foundation, BB cream and two matte powders which helped me and my oily skin. 


The BB cream that I picked is the Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream. This BB cream is designed for oily skin and contains 2% salicylic acid which helps to fight spots. However I really like this BB cream because it isn't greasy or oily which means that when it is applied, it doesn't make you look like a shiny disco ball. Although this BB cream is designed for oily skin I still powder over the top just to get that fully matte look. 


One of the best foundations I have found for oily skin is the Miss Sporty So Matte Perfect Stay Foundation. The name of the product should give it away but it is amazing because there is no shine or oil and it doesn't move once it is on your face. It claims to keep you matte for 14 hours which is about right to me and even better, it doesn't require powder over the top. Because it is so matte, the foundation does set quickly so you have to be fast with your blending. 


Trying to find the best matte powder in the drugstore can be hard but I came up with two and the first one is from Bourjois and is the Health Balance powder. It claims to create a 10 hour matte finish however I don't think it lasts 10 hours but rather 7 or 8 which is just as good. This powder also creates a healthy glow while not making you look shiny and this powder smells amazing! It smells like fruit and I love it!


However if you want a fully matte finish then the Seventeen Miracle Matte Powder is the one for you. This powder claims to keep your face matte for up to 16 hours and if I am honest I think that it does because I never have to touch up with this powder and it doesn't look too powdery. If you suffer from very oily skin I would recommend trying this powder because it is very good and stays matte for a long time and is very cheap too!

And that's all the products that I am going to be talking about for this post. Everyone has different skin and even if you have oily skin, these products may not work for you but these are the products that work best for me. I hope you found this post helpful and useful. 

What are your favourite base products?

Emily <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric