Tuesday, 30 September 2014

September Favourites


Can you believe that we have reached the end of September because I can't! So much has happened this month that I don't know where to start. For starters I moved out to university for the first time and therefore also moved to a new city which was both nerve wreaking and exciting all at the same time. Anyway enough about me and more about the products and things I have been loving this month!


Shower Smoothies - Exfoliating Body Scub
I thought I would start with my only skincare favourite and its a body scub. I'm not 100% sure where you buy this stuff but I got mine from a place called home bargains and its amazing. This body scub is a rich blend of coconut, almond and vanilla and it smells heavenly. I love using this stuff once a week to get rid of any dead skin and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth and I just generally love it! If you would like to get your hands on this product, I found a link to it here


Soap & Glory Supercar Liner 
What would a favourites post be without a Soap & Glory product?! I'm sure I have talked about this product before but it is amazing and therefore has been featured in this month's favourites. I have really been into a thicker black line and this liquid liner is perfect for that and doesn't move or transfer. However I will say to be careful with it because there have been times when I have ended up with this liner all over my hands. 


Collection Work the Colour Eyeshadow Stick 
Because I have gone off to university, it means there are some early morning and that's when this eyeshadow stick comes in handy. When I oversleep my alarm and I'm trying to rush my make up, I love using this eyeshadow stick because it is so easy. I just apply my eye primer and just basically colour my lid with this eyeshadow stick in the colour 'hot chocolate' which is a dark brown with a hint of shimmer in it. 


Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick '16'
My 'go to' lip product of choice has been the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in number 16 which is the perfect everyday pink colour. I am being honest when I say I have been using this lipstick everyday during this month because it is so wearable and goes with every outfit and has great lasting powder. If you find yourself wondering around boots, I would seriously recommend checking out these lipsticks. 


Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder 
I know you will have heard me talking about this powder before but I checked my August favourites and I didn't include it so its been included in this one! I'm not going to lie when I say that I use this everyday and I don't have any powder that does the same thing. It controls my oily skin, gets rid of shine and doesn't cause me to break out. What more could you ask for?! I may just need to say that it smells like fruit heaven!


 Elf Powder Blush 'Candid Coral'
The blusher of the month comes from Elf and is called 'Candid Coral'. I am going to be honest and say that I hated this blush when it arrived on my doorstep because when I tested it, it didn't have great pigmentation and had a lot of glitter in it. However when I was deciding what make up to take with me to university (what a job that was!) I decided to take this blusher and give it go. I love it now and I think its because the glitter top layer has disappeared and I like the fact that it isn't bright or very pigmented because I can go in heavy-handed and build it up. 


Barry M Hi-Shine 'Coconut'
The nail polish of the month goes to Barry M Hi-Shine in the shade 'Coconut' which is lovely light white colour and looks amazing on the nails. I would recommend that you do two coats of this to get the perfect white nails but I love this nail polish because the formula is great. The formula makes the nail polish last longer and look shiny which is what I look for in a nail polish. 


TV show of the month
Being at university there isn't that much time for TV but I have made time for the return of 'Dancing With The Stars which is one of my all time favourite shows. I also can't wait for 'Strictly Come Dancing' to return either! I know you might think that these shows are for old people but I love it and thats because I was a dancing when I was younger and there are some seriously hot dancers on these shows. 


Music of the Month
My favourite song of the month has been 'The Story' by Brandi Carlile because you can hear the emotion in her voice and it just gets me everytime.  I first heard this song on grey's anatomy and since then, I haven't stopped listening to it because it is that good! Other songs I have enjoyed recently include 'Everybody Wants to Rule the World' by Lorde and 'You Don't Think I Don't Care' by Jack McManus which is a great song.

That's a wrap on everything I have been loving this month and I'm sorry I didn't include a movie favourite or a book favourite but honestly I haven't had the time to read or watch a movie due to amount of work university has piled on me however of course I will be continuing to blog as much as possible! I hope you enjoyed this post and found it useful.

What were you September Favourites?

Emily <3  

2 comments:

Design by | SweetElectric