Thursday, 4 September 2014

Urban Decay Primer Potion Review




A couple of months ago I made a sneaky purchase and brought the Urban Decay Primer Potion. The reason behind this was that I have oily eye lids and no eyeshadow stays or lasts and I had tried so many different drugstore eye primers but none of them worked so I gave into the hype and brought it. This Primer Potion is so hyped up you wouldn't even believe it but it is worth it and I thought for this post I would give you a mini review of the product.

Urban Decay Primer Potion comes in a number of different formulas but I brought the original formula so this is the one I will be reviewing. I brought my Primer Potion from Beautybay.com for £16.

The product claims to:

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is Urban Decay’s bestselling, world famous eye makeup primer in a brand new, easy to use squeezy tube.

Get vibrant, crease-free colour that lasts over 24 hours with these legendary primers. Coveted by makeup artists and makeup junkies alike, Eyeshadow Primer Potion enhances your existing eye shadows – once you’ve tried it, you’ll never want to live without it!

Packaging - The Primer Potion comes in a purple squeeze tube with a sliver top and I personally love the packaging. I think that it is hygienic and the product can be squeezed out easily and doesn't squeeze too much out either which is great. I haven't got to the end of my tube yet but I am planning on cutting it open to get the last bits of the primer out.

Texture - I would describe the texture as smooth and creamy which is great. It has got a creamy, mousse like texture that is light and silky. I gerenally love the texture and is unlike any other eye primer I have tried before. After I have blended and spread it out over my eye lids it begins to dry and then it doesn't move at all.

Longevity - My favourite part of this eye primer is the longevity of it! It makes eye shadow last all day and really makes the eye shadow more intense however I am not 100% sure about the 24 hour claim as you know I like to sleep but I have used this primer potion for up to 14 hours and the eye shadow hasn't creased or moved and looks as bright and intense as ever.

Cost - Yes, this eye primer potion isn't cheap but you get 11 ml for £16 and you only need the smallest bit for both eye lids together and your good to go. I would say that even through this product is expensive it is worth every single bit.

Overall - As a whole, there is nothing that I can find wrong with this is product because it does the job and does the job well and as a oily girl there isn't any other eyeshadow primer out there that is as good as this. I would agree with the claim that it enhances your eyeshadow and also that once you have tried it your will never want to live without it because its true and when I can't find it, I have a bit of a freak out about it.

Have you ever tried this eyeshadow primer potion before? 

Emily <3 

8 comments:

  1. The primer looks so nice!
    Great blog, I'm following you now :)
    xoxo
    www.myrunwayfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! it means the world! :D xx

      Delete
  2. I adore your blog love! Won't let me follow for some reason but I have your page open on my safari ready for new posts. I'm going to pick up this because I've heard nothing but good reviews from it! X

    bethfreckles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg thats so weird! this primer is truly amazing and thanks alot :) xx

      Delete
  3. I saw that this was the HG of so many beauty bloggers that I had to try it. I managed to find a small sample size on sale on eBay. It really is exceptional. You need so little that I think my teeny teeny tube is going to last a while, but it will certainly be replaced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is such a good eyeshadow primer! xx

      Delete
  4. Great review! I've been meaning to try this for ages!

    http://starsandspaceandstuff.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric