Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder



One product that I have been talking non stop about has been the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder and I thought why not review it. I decided that I would review this powder now because I have been using this powder for a while and I felt that now would be a good time to review it. The main reason why I picked up this powder was because I have very oily skin and therefore I normally end up very shiny. I have been on the hunt for a good oil controlling powder and I thought I found it with the Seventeen Miracle Matte powder however it broke me out and so the hunt continues. 

I heard so many people taking about this powder and everyone said that it was amazing and worth trying so I gave in to the hype and brought it. One thing I do love about this powder is the packaging because it is just stunning. It is a compact which is perfect for travelling with and contains a mirror and of course the powder. I love how thin it is and just fits into my handbag without a problem.

Now onto the actual product. I'm sure I have said this before seriously this product smells heavenly! It smells like fruit and people said that it smells like the Bourjois foundations but I wouldn't know as I have never tried their foundations but don't worry they are on my wish list. I brought the colour '52 Vanilla' which a great colour match for me but I couldn't found any other colours which is strange. 

The powder is very finely milled and doesn't look cakey or powdery and looks very natural. I would say that this powder does a pretty good job at controlling the oil and shin and claims to provide 10 hours of matte however I wouldn't say it provides 10 hours but rather 6-7 hours. Because of this, I do have to powder throughout the day which isn't ideal but it isn't the worst powder I have ever tried. 

Overall I feel that this powder is great at setting make up and controlling oil to a certain degree but after a while the shin does seem to come through which means touch up throughout the day may be needed. This powder cost £8.99 but I feel it is worth a go if you have slightly oil skin however if you have very oily skin, you may to powder after a couple hours but overall I use powder everyday and have yet to find a powder that tops this one. 

The Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder can be brought here.

Have you tried this product before? What did you think?

Emily <3 

4 comments:

  1. Love this powder! It makes my concealer under my eyes last so much longer and you're right its not cakey at all.

    http://worldbloggers.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty product - would love it of you could check out my latest beauty post xo

    Aliona | fromalionawithlove.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric