Sunday, 9 November 2014

Updated Evening Skincare Routine


As we head towards winter, my evening skincare routine has changed a bit to meet the demands of my skin. I normally have fairly oily skin however during the autumn and winter months, my skin begins to become drier. Because of this, I have changed my skincare routine and I thought why not show you...


The first part of my evening skincare is to use the Gariner Micellar Cleansing Water on a cotton pad. I love using this cleansing water because it is gentle and I use this as a first cleanse and to get rid of any eye make up or lipstick. 


After this I go in with a second cleanse and I normally use a cleansing balm. My cleansing balm of choice is the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser which is great. I love using this cleanser because it doesn't upset my skin or string my eyes and smells rather nice. This cleanser leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth and fully cleansed. 


After the second cleanse, I move onto toner. I only really use one toner and I'm sure your be able to guess what it is. Yep, the Simple Soothing Facial Toner as always. I love using this toner because it hasn't got any alcohol in it and restores the PH levels on the surface of the skin. 


After I have fully cleansed and toned, I use one of my newest skincare products and it comes from Soap and Glory. It is 'The Greatest Scrub of All' and is an instant radiance foaming face polish. I don't use this all over my face, but just on the areas that I have those little spots that just won't go away. 



Up next is the face masks and I have two masks that I turn to the most. The first one is the Simply Pure Cleansing Face Mask from Superdrug. I love using this mask because it is fragrance free, paraben free, hypo-allergenic and dermatologically approved. The other mask is the Superdrug Vitamin E Leave-On Moisture Mask which is a different type of mask because it is a leave on mask and moistures the face. I normally use this mask at night and leave it to soak in throughout the night. 


If I don't use the Leave-On Moisture Mask, I will continue to use my normal moisturiser and eye cream. My eye cream of choice of the Boots Simply Sensitive Hydrating Eye Cream. I have written a review on this eye cream before and I love using this eye cream because it hydrates the skin around my eyes and doesn't string. 


The last step is the moisturiser and of course it is the Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturiser which is my favourite. I love using this one because it moisturises my skin and leaves it feeling smooth and soft. One thing I love about this moisturiser is that it doesn't take long to skin in.

Wows that's a lot of products and I hope you found this skincare routine interesting and that it gave you ideas for products that you could use if your looking for new products. These product work well for me but they may work differently for you.

Emily <3 

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love those Soap & Glory products right? They're so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I own some many soap and glory products! :D xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric