Sunday, 25 January 2015

Going Out or Staying In?


I was watching one of Carrie Hope Fletcher's video on her amazing channel 'Itswaypastmybedtime' (you should really check it out!) and came across one of her other videos called 'That One Wild Night...' and you can watch it here. The video talked about going out and staying in and this got me thinking that everyone my age and everyone around me goes out almost every night and yet I am currently curled up in a ball in the world's fluffiest dressing grown while watching TV. As a university student, a lot of people expect me to go out and drink every night but this couldn't be further from the truth. 

If your a university student, I'm sure your know what freshers are but if you don't, it is basically where there are events every night and everyone goes and gets very drunk for about 2 weeks. Now as a first year, there was a bit of pressure to go to these events and I can honestly say I didn't go out. Out of 2 weeks worth of events, I went to one and I didn't enjoy it that much and to be honest I just wanted to curl up and watch TV or read a book. 

Now I don't want to say that going out and drinking is bad or wrong because everyone has there own choices and their own ways of having. However what I took awhile  to understand is that everyone has their own way of relaxing and having happy. This may be going out, drinking, watching tv, writing blog posts, watching movies, chilling out with family, reading a book or blogs. 

Sometimes I feel that I'm a 50 year old women trapped inside a 19 year old body. When people ask me if I'm going out and going to dance, meet guys and drink until I pass out, I can't think of a worse night. My perfect night includes junk food, tv shows or movies and my sister to cuddle with. Sometines I feel that there is so much pressure and expectation for you to go and being social. 

I don't think that you have to go out and drink to 'be social' but rather just hanging out with friends. Whether it is going to movies, shopping, going to the restaurant, going to the beach or just hanging out with family. Sometimes I wonder if I am the only person who would rather spend a night in and not go out and drink. 

Are you a going out or staying in type of person? 

Emily <3 

2 comments:

  1. I definitely love whenever I can go out, but I do it rarely enough that I'd say I'm a staying in sort. Love those Nivea lip butters, that scent is so yummy.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric