Thursday, 29 January 2015

January Favourites // 2015



I can't believe that I am writing my first favourites of 2015. Its weird to think that the first month is almost over. I swear we have only just had Christmas but I guess time flies when your having fun right? Anyway, for this post I have pulled together my favourites from the month of January to share with you. I have picked a mixture of skincare, makeup and other random things. I haven't really any the time to buy any new products since Christmas apart from within the last week so I haven't really tried any new products, however I have been rediscovering old products that I totally forgot about.


Simple Deep Cleansing Face Mask
Over Christmas, I didn't use a single face mask and believe me when I say I know how bad that is. I was at home during the holidays and just didn't have the time or energy to crack out or apply a face mask. However when I arrived back at University and stopped crying, I decided to cheer up by applying a face mask and this was the Simple Deep Cleansing Mask. I had forgotten how good this stuff is. After I used it, my face just looked healthy, happier and had that glow about it. I try to use it every couple of days now and I have seen a world of difference since using it again. What's more this mask is cheap and can be brought in Superdrug or Boots. 


The Body Shop 'Coconut' Hand Cream
I didn't know whether to add a hand cream to my favourites but I have enjoyed it so I thought why not. I received this  hand cream for Christmas and loved the coconut scent it has. During the winter months, my hands become dry but often I don't use a hand cream because they can be so greasy and oily but this one is different. This hand cream is moisturising yet non greasy and leaves my hands feeling hydrated and soft. If your looking for a hand cream that moisturisers and leaves them smelling like a tropical island than you may want to try this. 


Soap & Glory Supercat Liner 
I can't remember if I have included this in a monthly favourites or not so I thought I would include it anyway. I used to use the Rimmel Eyeliner everyday but in August I picked up this Soap and Glory Eyeliner and now I love it. This Supercat Liner is thick and contains a pen like nib. This means it is easier to apply and creates a beautiful thick cat affect. One thing to point out is that this liner isn't waterproof which isn't great but amazing for removing at the end of the day. If you aren't very good at applying liner than I would suggest trying this.


Maybelline Colour Tattoo 'On and On Bronze'
I am not going to lie when I say I have become eye lazy. I either use a colour tattoo or an eyeshadow stick. However the one I use the most is the colour tattoo in 'On and One Bronze'. I love a good bronze eye and this one creates a natural look by creating shade around the eye and making it look smoky. I found that other colour tattoos aren't great at blending however this bronze shade is different because it blends without a problem and looks amazing. Seriously, it is worth a try if your as lazy as me.


Barry M Jelly Hi-Shine 'Sugar Apple'
When I was going through my nail polish collection, I found this one and I fell in love with it again. I know it is a more spring shade but I couldn't help myself. I wore this shade loads last summer but felt the need to inject a bit of colour into my life again after wear black and grey nails for months. I'm not lying when I say that at least five people randomly commented on how great my nail polish was. I would describe this shade as a light mint green shade a lot like Essie's Mint Green and in fact I would say that it is a dupe.




Favourite TV of a Month 
After finishing all ten seasons of Grey's Anatomy and watching all ten episodes of How To Get Away With Murder I felt the need to check out the other show that the brilliant Shonda Rhimes created. I saw Scandal on Amazon and I thought why not try it and then watched about five episodes straight. Yes, I became addicted. I love this tv because it is dramatic but has an amazing love triangle which I love and contains some good looking guys.


My last favourite for this month comes from Meghan Trainor and is my favourite album of the month. I have been listening to 'Lips are Movin' and 'Dear Future Husband' on repeat and I just love her and her voice. These tracks are amazing for dancing around your room to and often make me if happier and plus they are brilliant gym workout songs.

Can you believe that January is almost over? I swear I have blinked and this month has gone. I hope you have enjoyed this favourites post and that you had a great January and hopefully you are keeping up your new years goals.

What have been your January Favourites?

Emily <3 

8 comments:

  1. simple are such a great brand because theyre affordable and all natural! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/i-love-peachy-passionfruit.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I'll have to investigate more from Meghan's album, I've heard 3 songs now and they are all so fun and uplifting!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That simple face mask looks amazing! I never knew they did face masks.

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coconut hand cream too, it's so lovely isn't it?! xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric