Sunday, 4 January 2015

My 2014 Makeup Favourites


I can't believe that 2014 isover and its that time for the make up favourites from the whole year. This year I have decided to pick a product for each category because I couldn't possibly include every single product I have loved unless you want to sit here until 2016. Even though I have scaled down my products, I am warming you now that this post will be fairly long. 


Favourite Foundation - MUA Undress Your Skin 
The foundation that has stayed in my bag for most of the year has been from MUA and is called the Undress Your Skin Foundation which is great. It is a light coverage foundation that I personally can't feel on my skin. It doesn't break me out or cause me to become oily either and I can't say a negative thing about this foundation. 


Favourite Powder - Bourjois Healthy Balance 
If there is one thing that I have used everyday this year, it would be this powder. The Bourjois Healthy Balance powder is the best if you have oily skin and smells great and is worth a go. I love this powder because it is compact and fits into your make up bag perfectly and comes with a mirror so you can powder on the go. 


Favourite Bronzer - Soap & Glory Solar Powder 
A Soap and Glory product made it into my favourites (no shock there), and is their Solar Powder Bronzer which consists of two bronzer shades and was my bronzer of choice for most of the year. It is a light bronzer and worth a try even if you have light skin. This bronzer is very compact and the bronzer also looks very pretty. 



Favourite Blusher - Sleek Rose Gold
The blush of the year has to be 'Rose Gold' from Sleek which is a pink colour injected with gold bits and just gives the most amazing blush and highlighter colour. I can't tell you describe to you how amazing this blusher is and comes with a massive mirror as well as being compact. What more do you need?!


Favourite Eye Primer- Urban Decay Primer Potion 
I can't go a day without my urban decay eye primer potion which I use to keep my eyeshadow in place. I can honestly say I haven't found an eyeshadow primer that is as good as this one. It may not be cheap but it is so worth it. Even the oiliest eyelids will benefit from this primer and will keep eyeshadow in place all day. 


Favourite Eyeshadow - Maybelline 'On and On Bronze'
I'm sure you have heard of the Colour Tattoos from Maybelline. Well I use the shade 'On and On Bronze' so much its silly really. It is so handy just to apply with your fingers if your in a rush and really gives a bronze look. It also blends well with other shades and is very small so its easy to travel with and is a great base. 


Favourite Eyeliner - Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Liquid Liner 
The eyeliner of the year comes from Rimmel and is their scandal eyes waterproof liner. This is basically a pen liner and allows people who can't apply eyeliner like me to apply liner and make it look semi descent. If you struggle with eyeliner than I would recommend this. I love that fact it is waterproof which means that you can go out in the rain and not worry.  



Favourite Mascara - Maybelline The Colossal Volume Expresss
The mascara that I have loved was from Maybelline. However I did finish this mascara earlier this year but I still love it and will be buying with mascara again soon. This mascara is perfect because it gives volume and length without looking chunky and comes off without putting your eyelashes out. 


Favourite Lip Product - Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick 
The sexy mother pucker gloss sticks from Soap and Glory are another personal favourite of mine and I wear my 'nudist' one a lot. They are so moistening and smell amazing and make your lips look very glossy. These products are great for a natural make up day and give it is that your lips but better look. 

I can't tell you how amazing this year has been and I would like to thank every person who has ever read one of my posts or left a comment because it means the world to me. These products were all brought with my own money and these are just my own thoughts. I hope you all have a wonderful new year and don't forget to follow this blog on bloglovin' and twitter

What have your favourites of the year been? 

Emily <3 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely products! Love that Soap & glory powder :)


    http://shannenandco.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much :D the soap and glory powder is amazing xx

      Delete
  2. love the urban decay primer!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric