Sunday, 15 February 2015

Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil 'Hot Chocolate'




I have been meaning to review this product for a while but some how it got lost however better late than never right? I felt like writing a review today and I thought why not review the Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil 'Hot Chocolate' so that's what's happening. I brought this eyeshadow stick a while ago when I heard loads of other beauty bloggers talking about it and I picked one up in 'Hot Chocolate'  which is a dark brown colour with a touch of glitter to it. This eyeshadow stick cost £3.19 and can be brought from the link here.

There are some great positives about this product and one these things is that it is so easy to use. It doesn't require an eyeshadow brush or require you to find a clean brush which is normally an issue for me due to my laziness. This product is perfect for girls who are starting out in make up because it is easy to use and doesn't cause any extra eyeshadow to go flying everywhere or cause fall out which is great. 


There are so many brands out there that are producing these eyeshadow sticks and I have tried a few and I am going to be honest when I say the Collection Work The Colour Eyeshadow Stick isn't the greatest eyeshadow stick in the world for a couple of reasons. The first reason being that I have to drag this stick across my eye lid and I have to press down very hard and it isn't a pleasant experience to say the least. Another thing to note is that it doesn't blend as well but if your clever and can quickly blend eyeshadow then you shouldn't have this problem at all.

The packaging of this product isn't that bad however I do have a couple of issues with it. This product comes in a normal pencil type package however it doesn't have a twist up function which means that I do have to sharpen the pencil which can be time consuming at times. Another thing I have noticed is that the product often snaps off as shown in the above image. This has happened three times so far which means that I am losing more product than I am using. 

Overall  I would say that this product is good but is not the greatest eyeshadow on the market. However for the price, the pigmentation isn't bad and for all you ladies who are starting out in the beauty world, you can definitely give this a go. These are just my thoughts and don't forget to follow me on bloglovin and twitter!  

Have you tried this product before? What did you think?

Emily <3 

4 comments:

  1. I love these pencils, I have a champagne coloured one and it works wonders! xx
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great for a quick fix in the morning & for the price! But I do agree if you can't find one handy its frustrating to have to find a sharpener!

    www.luciaflorence.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric