Sunday, 22 February 2015

Maybelline Colour Tattoo Leather Effect 'Vintage Plum'


If you saw my recent drugstore haul, you may have seen that I brought the Maybelline Colour Tattoo Leather Effect 'Vintage Plum'. I had heard a couple of bloggers talk about this leather effect colour tattoo but I thought it was just a US executive however when I spotted it in Superdrug, I didn't think twice before buying this. 


Even though it is a leather effect, this colour tattoo is like any other and comes in a little glass jar with a lip that needs to screwed on tight to avoid drying out. This colour tattoo is a gel cream eyeshadow consistently and claims to last 24 hours but I have never tried or tested this claim as I personally don't wear eyeshadow for that long but one thing to note is that I do wear an eyeshadow primer under this. A lot of people say that these eyeshadows are crease free but on me they seem to crease badly.  


I picked the shade 'Vintage Plum' because it was the one only in the store but also because one of my friends was raving about it and asked if I had tried it. I was also interested in the shade because it is a darker shade and I generally prefer to have a smoky darker eye than a neutral eye. Another reason which I will admit to is that this was a blogger induced purchase. I often find a product and say 'I'm buying this for reviewing on the blog' which of course is a terrible excuse.  


The product itself is a deep yet warm purple colour with a slight hint of taupe. From the photo below, you may be able to see that when it is applied to the skin, it becomes a dry and chalky texture which I guess gives it that leather effect look. 'Vintage Plum' is the ideal base to create a smoky eye and is the perfect dark smoky purple colour. 


Overall I would say this colour tattoo is perfect for the girls who love a good purple smoky eye but want something a little different and with a slightly different texture. If you are one for smoky purple eyes then I would recommend trying this out. These are just my thoughts on the product and they may work differently for you. I hope you found this review and first impressions interesting and don't to follow me on bloglovin and twitter! 

Have you tried this product before? What did you think?

Emily <3 

2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad I found your blog! I was looking at purchasing this last week but was so unsure and now that I've seen it on
    someone and what it looks like properly Its made my decision much easier! x


    http://leelysesblogs.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/maybelline-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks so much for stopping by! I love this colour tattoo so much! xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric