Sunday, 1 February 2015

My Bad Beauty Habits



As a beauty blogger, my family and friends think that I have a set of rules that I follow however that could not be further from the truth. As with everything, there are certain things that I am very lazy with and I like to refer to them as my bad beauty habits. These bad habits generally come from laziness, lack of time, stress or anxious. I felt in a rather sharing mood so I thought why not tell you guys what are my beauty downfalls...

 Body Moisturising 
The first of my many bad habits comes with body moisturisers and my lack of use of them. I don't have my own bathroom so after I shower I don't apply it straight away which then results in me either forgetting or becoming too lazy. Its not like I don't own any body moisturisers because I own about three different ones from Soap and Glory and two from The Body Shop which all smell amazing. My main reason I don't use them as often as I should is because they take awhile to sink in and don't have the time to walk around waiting for it to dry. 

Painting My Nails & Nail Care 
Nails. I love nail polishes and own enough to supply every girl in the whole world and I can't leave Boots or Superdrug without buying one but they take so long to dry. I try to paint my nails once a week but often I let the paint clip just because I am too lazy and it takes up so much time to sit down and remove the previous paint and then repaint my nails and wait for them to dry. Plus the nail polish makes the whole room smell of chemicals which isn't great. Nail care is just as bad because I hardly ever let my nails breath and have a break from nail polish so you can imagine what state they are in. 

Lazy Skincare Days
You know when you wake up and you don't feel in the mood to get up and go though a four or five step skincare routine? Yep that's me half of the time and often I just want to slap a load of moisturiser and just move on with the day which is what I do a lot of. However when I get around to keeping up my skincare routine, I realise how much my skin actually benefits from a routine. I know that every now and then its ok to skip it but for a whole week its a bit extreme and that's when those spots appear and then I am straight back into the skincare routine. 

Face Masks 
I love the idea of having a pamper night and using a face mask but in real life, I never have the time to sit down and wait for my face mask to work its magic. If I watch TV while having a face mask on, I often forget I even have it on and ends up causes my skin to go red and raw. (not a great look!). Because of this, I end up not using face masks and then I wonder why my face looks so dull and spotty. However I am looking into quick minute masks which sound right up my street and if you know of any please them in the comments below! 

Washing Makeup Brushes
You know when you come to apply eyeshadow and then realise that you don't have a clean eyeshadow brush. This happens way too often for me and I normally end up wiping it on a make up wipe and hoping for the best. I don't use foundation that often so foundation brushes isn't as bad. However I wash my brushes about two months which is terrible but it is just so time consuming. I am trying to get into a routine of washing them once a week but after a long day the last thing you want to do is clean make up brushes and it is often takes a day to dry. 

As you may be able to see, I am no perfect beauty blogger and a very lazy person. Hopefully, after writing this list, I might actually wake up to my bad habits and try to change these habits. I hope you are having a great day and hopefully you found this post useful and interesting. Don't forget to me on bloglovin and twitter. 

What are your bad beauty habits? 

Emily <3 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so bad at moisturizing too! It's so hard to remember to do it and once I do remember I'm usually too lazy to. Great post, I just followed you on GFC :)

    blushandfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much and I'm glad that I'm not the only one who forgets to moisturising :)

      emily xx

      emilycouture95.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. I think I have every Soap & Glory product. I love them. They're so fresh and clean. The smell of these products are amazing. Great blog! I'm definitely following you. I hope you follow me too:)

    www.beautycatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much it means the world to me! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric