Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Products Worth The Splurge


I do loving going into Boots and buying drugstore products, however every now and again, I do like treating myself to a bit of high end make up. However this decision isn't made lightly and often involves research and reading every review out there. As a university student, I don't own many high end make up products but the few I have are well worth the money and I thought why not share with you my top four products that are worth the splurge...


Mac 'Well Dressed' Blush 
This is a recent addition to my collection and is a Mac Blush in 'Well Dressed'. When I was asked by my mum what I wanted for Christmas, I thought that I would love to try some Mac products but I didn't know what I wanted. However I was watching Zoella's Make Up Collection, I saw her talk about this blush and how it was a classic. I read some reviews and decided this was the blush for me. I was right! I love this blush because it gives that perfect warmth to my cheeks and isn't over powering and is very pigmented but still gives a natural finish. Perfect!    


Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
I have talked about this product so many times and even done a review but it is that good that I am including it in this. I don't what it is about this primer that makes it so good but it makes even the worst eyeshadows look half descent. At £16, it is not cheap but this tube has lasted me for a while and is now a staple and as soon as my one runs out, I will be buying a new one. Without this, I can't wear eyeshadow at all. Now this may sound over the top but my eyelids are so oily that nothing else works as well as this Primer Potion does.  


Mac 'Angel' Lipstick
Another recent addition to my collection and was again a Christmas present. Mac lipsticks is something that almost every youtuber and blogger have and I have always been interested in them. When I decided I wanted to try a lipstick from Mac, I asked one of my friends and she suggested Angel which is a pink 'you lips but better' colour. After she suggested it, I looked it up and read reviews and turns out, almost everyone has it and loves it so I thought why not. I truly treasure my Mac Lipstick and the quality is unlike anything else I have tried and if your considering trying your first ever Mac Lipsitck, then go for it! 


Stila 'In The Light' Palette 
If someone was to ask me, which high end palette I would recommend, I would say the Stila 'In The Light' Palette. The colours in the palette are perfect if you like a natural look like me. The ten colours that this palette includes are very pigmented and blend like a dream. This palette may be £25 but is slightly cheaper than other high end palettes out there and is just as good if not better. 

That's my four products worth spending the money for. These are just my thoughts and they may work differently for you. Some of these products were gifted to me by my family and I was very thankful and grateful for them. Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin and twitter!

What products do you think are worth the splurge? 

Emily <3 

12 comments:

  1. Oooh good picks! sometimes it can be so nice to just have a little splurge on a few more expensive products! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/02/believe-in-yourself.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The palette looks amazing!! I want it!!!!!!!

    mariannapapagiannopoulou.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! There are so many mac lipsticks I want to try but here in Australia one mac lipstick costs around $39 which suck!

    http://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow if you travel you should try and pick some up then! xx

      Delete
  4. I love Primer Potion it's one of my staple's, makes eyeshadow last all day.

    Meme xx

    New Post Out Now:
    'The I Quit Sugar Hairy Dieters Recipe Books'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want a nude/pink mac lipstick for my collection and Angel looks really nice! :)

    gingerphoebe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is the perfect pink nude colour! xx

      Delete
  6. I love the Mac lipsticks! If you ever want to switch it up from Angel, but still have something very similar, I highly recommend Creme Cup, it's my fave Mac lipstick ever and I've repurchased it like 3 times already :)

    styledbykristiana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard so many people talking about it! I may have to try it! xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric