Sunday, 15 March 2015

10 things that've made me happy this week #1


It has been an interesting week to say the least. Stress, crying, laughing and smiling have all occurred this week for a range of different reasons. As university is coming to a end for this year, the work load just seems to increase which in turn increases my stress levels. However I have an amazing set of friends and family who keep me relaxed. Has anyone else noticed the increase in temperature?! I can't wait for spring and summer. Bring it on. I love it. Anyway here is what has made me happy this week...

1. Coffee Afternoons. Me and a close friend have this thing where after our afternoon lectures, we will grab a coffee and sit and chat for hours. I love just chatting about the most random and funny things and it so relaxing. Sometimes all you need is a coffee and a friend. 

2. Working out every day this week. I don't know how I am managing it but I am sticking with my routine and doing at least 25 minutes of exercise per day. This is the highlight of my week because now I know I can do it and I can feel myself slowly getting stronger.

3. Making the best Fried Rice. It is the little things in life that make me happy. A couple of weeks ago I tried to make fried rice and lets just say it went terribly wrong and I ended up ordering pizza. However I tried again this week and I ended up making the best fried rice ever!

4. Discovering Forever. Forever is my new favourite TV show. It is basically a cross over between CSI: New York and Sherlock Holmes and it is amazing. If you love a good drama show then I would suggest this. 

5. Getting back into my blogging routine. I am finally getting back into my routine of blogging which feels great. I am writing one post per night and I took all of the photos on Sunday. I have so many ideas which I have written down and I can't wait to share them with you.

6. Reading More. Every night this week I have read at least one chapter which is great and very relaxing. I am currently reading The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks. It is such a romantic novel and is the perfect bedtime read. 

7. Chocolate buttons Yoghurt. I treated myself to a chocolate yoghurt with chocolate buttons and let me tell you it tasted so good. I feel that every now and then it is ok to treat yourself to a special dessert. It motivates me to work harder and train harder because I know that at the end I have a amazing chocolate yoghurt.

8. Having the best talk with my mum. I had a mini breakdown during the week and had an hour long talk with my mum on the phone. There is honestly nothing better than chatting about nothing with the person who knows you best.

9. Mother's day gift shopping. I love celebrating my mum and shopping is no different. I can't wait to see what my mums expression is when she opens it. Exciting!

10. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara. I have recently gone back to this mascara and I forgot how amazing it is. The volume and length is unbelievable and I can't believe that I stopped using this mascara. 

  Those were 10 things which made me happy and smile this week. I love writing lists like this because it reminds me of the positive things which happened and keeps me thinking positively. I hope you enjoyed this type of post and don't forget to follow me on bloglovin and twitter!

What has made you happy this week?

Emily <3   

8 comments:

  1. i love this post idea! aww number 8 is so sweet, i literally just did the exact same thing with my mum today! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/03/feeling-like-luckiest-girl-in-world.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post !!!!

    your blog is amazing !!




    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Falsies Mascara - it's my favourite xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Falsies are amazing!!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its one of the best drugstore mascaras :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric