Thursday, 12 March 2015

Current Nail Polish Favourites


One thing I love to do when I am stressed out is have a quiet relaxing evening and this often consists of watching some TV series such as The OC or Scandal while painting my nails. I love painting my nails and if it didn't take so long and I had more time, I would paint my nails every night but of course if I had that much free time, I would have an issue. With my love for nail painting, comes my love for nail polishes and as I write this, I am staring at the two new nail polishes I have just brought (opps!). I can't help myself, whether I am just walking by a Boots or Superdrug or if I am doing my food shopping, I am bound to walk out with a nail polish of some type. With this in mind, I thought why not share my current favourite nail polishes...

(Left to Right: Rose Hip, Guava, Sugar Apple)

One of my favourite nail polish range comes from Barry M and is their Gelly Hi-Shine Polishes. I have talked about them so much and they are often featured in monthly favourites but these are my current top three. Rose Hip is a recent buy and I love it. I know its a bit early for Spring, but I feel that this may be the perfect spring colour. Rose Hip is a light baby pink colour and I love wearing it because it matches with almost any outfit. Guava is another recent buy but is fast becoming one of my all time favourites. I would describe this nail polish as a mix between blue and mint green and is a eye catcher. Sugar Apple is a nail polish which I have had for a while but I still love it and every time I wear it, I always get people coming up to me and saying how pretty it is. I would say it is a dupe for Essie's Mint Candy Apple. 

(Left to Right: Raspberry, Berry Cosmo) 

These are very different from the last three and I would describe these as more winter nail polishes. These are again from Barry M but are just their classic nail polishes which are just as good. I do love a good red nail polish and Raspberry doesn't disappoint. This nail polish has a slight dark pink tint to it but is still a true red colour. Berry Cosmo is a more deep purple colour and is also one of my favourites. The dark purple colour really matches with alot of different outfits and is a great change from Black which I used to wear all the time I swear!

 (Left to Right: Red Passion, Loafer Love For You)

I don't really go to Max Factor when I am in search of nail polishes in Boots but when I was in tesco I while ago, I couldn't help but pop this red nail polish into the basket. I own loads of different red nail polishes but there is something different about this it. I like how bright it is and how it has a glossy finish and I have to mention that the lasting power of it is unlike anything else! There was a point a couple of years ago when I went through a Rimmel phase and only worn rimmel nail polishes but in recent years I haven't been as interested. However a couple of months back, I picked up Loafer Love For You and become addicted again. I love this colour because I feel it is the perfect blue colour and can be worn all year round. 

All this nail polish writing makes me want to go and paint my nails again. I just love nail polishes. Anyone else with me here? I hope you liked my current favourites and found them interesting. These are just my picks and favourites and they work differently for you and there are many different nail polishes on the market. Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin and twitter! 

What are your current nail polish favourites?

Emily <3 

8 comments:

  1. I've never tried barry m nail polishes but I definetely need to give them a go!
    love, Kat

    whatkatlovestoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love painting my nails but it can never be in the evening for me, haha! I think my eyes just don't like that they can't see every nook and cranny and I'm such a type-A when it comes to painting my nails... I have never tried a Barry M polish, but I have seen those Gelly Hi-Shine polishes around many-a-blog and they look awesome! I wouldn't mind being the owner of Sugar Apple!! My current favorite nail polish is actually a taupe color from OPI. I forget the name, and I can't be bothered to dig it up from my stash at the moment, but it's such a strange and exciting color all at once!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection I love Barry m and I just invested in the rimmel lasting finish, I like your favs.

    Meme xx

    New post out now:
    'How to advertise your blog with:Vistaprint'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RImmel have amazing nail polishes :) xx

      Delete
  4. I have Guava from Barry M too and I love it. I wore it so much last summer.
    I've just bought Do You Take Lei-Away by OPI and it's become my new fave polish.
    Rubi | The Den | http://www.the-den.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guava is the perfect summer colour! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric