Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Maybelline Colour Tattoo 'Creamy Beige'


When you think of the Maybelline Colour Tattoos, I'm sure the first thing that pops into your mind will be 'On and On Bronze'. It is a great product and everyone talks and raves about it with good reason however because I use it almost everyday I felt the need to branch out and find a few other shades to try. If you regularly check this blog (thanks!), then you may have seen that a few weeks ago, I brought the Colour Tattoo in Vintage Plum which is a leather effect and I loved it. So when I was in Superdrug and I walked past the Maybelline stand I couldn't help but check out the Colour Tattoo selection and spotted 'Creamy Beige'. I don't know if its just me or if this is a fairly new edition in the UK but I did see Essiebutton talked about it a few months back. 



As with the other colour tattoos, it comes in a glass pot and requires the lid to be screwed on tightly to ensure that the product doesn't dry out. The main reason as to why I was drawn to this is because I had heard it was a dupe for Mac's Groundwork Paint Pot and I had been thinking about trying the Mac Paint Pots for a while. I was quite shocked when I saw that Superdrug were selling this shade because I haven't really seen many of the Leather Effect Colour Tattoos around in the UK. However when I saw it, I knew straight away that I wanted it and had to search right to the back to find one that haven't been opened and used.


The product itself is a caramel tan hue shade and is also matte with just a hint of shimmer. This colour tattoo glides on perfectly and blends like a dream and I often use it over other eyeshadows. However I will say that I do use a primer before applying but again I always use a primer before applying any eyeshadow product regardless. One thing I love about this product is that if paired with any a glitter eyeshadow it is the perfect base but is also great when wearing it by itself. If I am having a lazy day I will apply some of this colour tattoo and blend it out and then I'm off.


The product isn't too sticky and when compared with the Colour Tattoo 'On and On Bronze' , it is less glittery and shimmery and is more natural. I do use 'On and On Bronze' so much however 'Creamy Beige' is fast becoming one of my favourites and I am not lying when I say I worn it five days in a row after I brought it. If that doesn't tell you how much I am in love with it, I don't know what will. If you happen to be passing a Superdrug in the next couple of days, check to see if they stock 'Creamy Beige' because its worth a try!

Have you tried this Colour Tattoo before? What did you think?

Emily <3 

8 comments:

  1. Wow it looks very dark in your photos! Love that Maybelline brought out matte shades in the line too :)

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a fairly dark colour if you layer it up! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've never used one of these before but they look very interesting!

    Jessie | Taylor mayed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this a few weeks ago and honestly I can't stop wearing it :) it's perfect for every day x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is the perfect everyday base :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love the Color Tattoo shadows. My go-to is the shade Taupe. It's beautiful, and I wear it every single work day!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this shade, perfect for everyday wear! Definitely want to pick it up x
    han // emandhan xo

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric