Sunday, 22 March 2015

My Favourite Ways To Relax


After a long day of lectures, essay writing and exam revision, I like to have a nice relaxing night. However I don't normally have the time to make a relaxing night but I do try to have at least one relaxing and stress-free night per week and often it happens on a Friday or Saturday night. I thought I would share with you my favourites way to relax and my favourite things to do. I always feel the need to have at least one night per week where I turn off my phone and just completely distress and not think about any thing work related...

Watch TV and Movies 
One of my favourite things to do is to pop on a movie or tv show. I don't really know why I love it so much but it does make me relax and takes my mind off everything. I love to watch movies such as Mean Girls, Princess Diaries, The Notebook, Safe Haven or Pitch Perfect. Yes I am a typical girl who loves to curl up with a bowl of popcorn and watch movies. If you haven't got time to watch movies or prefer to watch TV then pop on a series of your favourite show. I personally love to watch reruns of One Tree Hill, The OC, Scandal and Grey's Anatomy. 

Painting your Nails 
I love painting my nails and I love having the perfect painted nails. If I'm having a relaxing night, I love to get all my nail polishes out and pick out the perfect colour. I have so many different colours that often just the task of deciding takes my mind of work. My personal favourites come from Essie, OPI, Rimmel and Barry M. Just the idea of having a bright and fun pop of colour on your nails must brighten up your mood. 

Face Masks 
I love having nice smooth, clean and clear skin but I never really have the time to do my normal quick skincare routine let alone apply and then rinse a face mark. Therefore during a relaxing evening, I like to crack out my selection of masks. I often use cleansing masks because they make my skin feel smooth or in the winter, a hydration mask. I find that hydration masks require longer because often they are leave on masks which need a good couple of hours to sink in. If your on a budget (like me!) then Superdrug do so many great masks.

Reading Books 
At the end of the night I like to fully switch off and this includes my laptop and TV. This helps me to fully relax and switch off and I love to read a book right before I fall asleep. My favourite books are often love stories and one of my favourites author is Nicholas Sparks. If reading novels isn't really your thing, try a beauty or lifestyle book. I would suggest Lauren Conard's Beauty and Fleurdeforce's The Glam Guide. If your not a book reader, there are blogs or magazines.

After writing this, I now want a relaxing evening. These are just my ideas and thoughts and there are many other ways to relax but these just work well for me. If you have any tricks to help you relax, please leave them in the comments! Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin and twitter.

What's your favourite way to relax?

Emily <3  

14 comments:

  1. Reading is a great way to relax, I also like going for walks and enjoying the scenery around me :)

    Meme xx

    New post out now:
    'CND SolarOil // Healthier Stronger Nails'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just being outside really relaxes me, especially on sunny days as the warmth and sun can also brighten my mood.

    Ooh La Luce | Beauty, Life, Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love painting my nails, it's such a nice way to relax and unwind xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me it has to be a big bar of chocolate and re runs of Friends! Utter Bliss lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. TV and doing my nails at the same time lol
    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog, it's so cute! I love this post too. Thanks for this.
    http://lushobsessed.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric