Tuesday, 24 March 2015

My Lazy Day Fitness Routine


I am trying my best to keep up a good fitness routine because one of my many new years resolutions is to be active and remain fit. I try to do a workout everyday and I try to do at least three or four longer and more intense workouts and then three slightly shorter and less intense workouts. I thought I would share my shorter fitness routine which I use for days when I haven't had time during the day or if I am having a lazy day and don't want to go to the gym or swimming pool. 

On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays I do an hour of swimming which is at a high intensity. On Sundays I either drag myself to the gym or go out for a run. However during the days between them, I like to perform a quick fitness routine which requires no equipment and can be done in your living room. If your having one of those days when you can't motivate yourself to go the gym or if you only have 20 minutes to spare, this is the perfect routine for you...

30 Jumping Jacks 

5 Pushups 

25 High Knees

7 Burpees

10 Crunches 

7 Squats

5 Pushups 

10 Crunches 

5 Pushups 

7 Squats

30 Jumping Jacks 

1 Minute Wall Sit 

5 Pushups

25 High Knees

Repeat 3-5 Times

This is just my routine and may work differently for you. Remember everyone is different and I would suggest starting off at a lower intensity and don't forget to keep hydrated. I feel I should also mention that you should always do a warm up and cool down which should include stretches to avoid any injuries. I am not exercise expert but this is a routine which I found works well for me. This routine doesn't require a equipment however I personally use a yoga mat as it gives me more comfort and I find it hygienic. I hope you enjoyed this post and found it useful. Please feel free to leave any extra fitness tips you may have in the comments below. 

What is your lazy day fitness routine? 

Emily <3  

8 comments:

  1. wow thank you i need this !!

    great post !!


    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade


    would u like to follow for follow ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this is your lazy day routine because it seems quite intense haha but hey i need a more intense at home routine anyways! What exercise(s) listed have you found gave you the most or best results? http://kindlychic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea I noticed that this wasn't the most easiest routine to do but I am planning on doing a beginner routine soon :) xx I personally love running, swimming, yoga and Pilates! :D

      Delete
  3. I loved reading this - however this sounds more like my intense day as another commenter said! haha! My lazy day fitness routine is quite simple, a 20 minute jog around the block and a couple of sit ups haha :)

    I'm a newbie blogger and hoping to make some friends in the blogging community, I'd love to hear from you if you're interested! :3

    http://www.chontellelouise.blogspot.com.au/

    xx Chontelle Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah I get what you mean! I normally perform this if I am too lazy to go outside :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric