Sunday, 8 March 2015

My Weekly Obsessions #1


I thought that for today's post I would share with you the products that I have been obsessing over for the past week. I often do monthly favourites but I thought it would be interesting and fun to show you what make up items I have been using during this week because often my make up products change and I swap out the things I am using and replace them with new or different items. I picked my favourite nail polish combination from this week along with my choice of blusher and eyeshadow.



My nail polishes of choice for this week come from OPI Nicole 'Jade in the Shade' and Sinful 'Nail Junkie'. I can't wait for spring and summer to roll around so I am getting a head start and cracking out my spring nail polish colours. OPI 'Jade in the Shade' is a aqua blue colour with a hint of shimmer to it and I often refer to it as my mermaid nail colour. However I would say that, it requires three coats before it looks good. After this, I added Sinful 'Nail Junkie' which is a blue glitter nail polish and goes perfectly over the top. The combination of both of these nail polishes creates the perfect blue glittery mermaid spring colour. 


I know I have written about this Colour Tattoo so many times before but this is honestly the eyeshadow product that I have used everyday this week. 'On and On Bronze' is the perfect everyday bronze base and is so easy to apply. When I was having lazy days I just applied this and left it however there was a couple of times when I applied another darker colour in the crease. If you have trouble with applying eyeshadow in general then I would suggest trying the Colour Tattoos from Maybelline as they require no brushes and are fall proof.



I have so many blushers which I could pick from but the one that I have reached for most this week has been Mac's 'Well Dressed'. I love wearing this Mac blusher because it is so natural and gives me the perfect flushed look. It doesn't contain any glitter or shimmer which is perfect for everyday use and the packaging draws me towards the product over others. There is something about the Mac packaging that makes it look sleek and more high end.

Those were my weekly obsessions and I hope you found them interesting and enjoyable. These are just my thoughts on the products and they may work differently for you. Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin and twitter to stay updated with future posts!

What were your weekly obsessions? 

Emily <3 

6 comments:

  1. I love Mac well dressed! It's one of my favourites!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried a mac blusher before but that one looks lovely! I may have to try one out

    Jessie | Taylor Mayed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mac well dressed and totally forgot I had it until I read this!!
    I am currently obsessed with with Bourjois smokey eyes palette and Essie's absolutely shore polish :) x

    Maydoll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need to check the Bourjois Smokey eyes palette :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric