Thursday, 30 April 2015

April Favourites // 2015


Can you believe that April has been and gone? I have had a wonderful month at home with my family before heading back to University for the last six weeks of my first year. The fact that I have almost finished my first official year at university is unbelievable. I haven't really been wearing much make up recently as I have been relaxing at home but still managed to gather together a couple of my monthly favourites from April...


Make Up Revolution Blush Palette 'Hot Spice'
Back at the beginning of April, I discovered the Make Up Revolution stand at my local Superdrug and I picked up a blush palette in 'Hot Spice'. I haven't used any other blushes other than this palette which is why I have included it. This palette has a massive range of shades and is the ideal palette for traveling. The peachy tones are perfect for the spring and summer and only cost £6. 


Maybelline 'The Falsies' Mascara 
There has only been one mascara that I have used for the past couple of months and this would be the falsies from Maybelline. I used this mascara about a year ago but forgot about it until now. I had forgotten how much volume and length it gives and is one of the best mascaras from the drugstore. If you have any other suggestions of great drugstore mascaras please feel free to leave them in the comments below!   


Rimmel Scandal Eyes 'Bronze' Eyeliner 
Another eye product. The only eyeliner I used to wear was black liquid liner. However fast forward a couple of months and I can't stop using my Rimmel Pencil Liner. At the moment I personally prefer to have a softer look which I create using a pencil liner rather than a liquid liner. The Rimmel Scandal Eyes Liner never moves from place and is so pigmented. 


EOS Strawberry Sorbet Smooth Sphere Lip Balm 
I haven't really been wearing any lipsticks or lipglosses but instead this lip balm. I brought this EOS Lip Balm a couple of years ago but it just sat in my make up draw and got forgotten but recently I have been reaching for it daily. The different packaging is the main thing which drew me towards it but it also moisturises my lips and smells and tastes amazing. 


Deliciously Ella Recipe Book 
My favourite book of the month is Deliciously Ella. I am in no way a healthy eater but once a saw ViviannaDoesMakeUp raving about this book, I couldn't help but buy it. I know it is a Vegan Recipe Book but it has some amazing and yummy recipes. My personal favourites include Raw Brownies, Flapjacks, Sweet Potato Wedges and Sweet Potato Brownies. 


Movie - The Best of Me 
I have watched a range of movies recently but one movie which sticks out to me is 'The Best of Me'. I had been meaning to watch this movie for sometime as I had read the book before but the ending still had me in tears. This has to be one of the most romantic movies ever and pulls on the heart strings so get your tissues ready.  

Those were my monthly favourites from April. I really hope that you had a wonderful month and that you have an even better May. My monthly goal for May is to complete my first year at university and do well in my exams without getting too stressed out and enjoy myself. Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin and twitter! 

What were your favourites for April?

Emily <3  

10 comments:

  1. I love the look of this palette and I need to get my hands on this book too! Lovely post x

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the best palettes :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've been really into blush lately, I think I might have to check out this palette :) loved the movie too x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the most romantic move ever?! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I so love the MUR palettes, they're such an amazing buy! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to try these palettes :) xx

      Delete
  4. I have the same EOS and love it x


    Much Love | Trillu.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Makeup Revoloution palette looks so beautiful- The shades are so pretty! Definitely on my to-buy list now.

    Lucy | Ooh La Luce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a must-have! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric