Thursday, 9 April 2015

Things I am looking forward to in the Summer

[pixabay]

As winter is coming to an end and we enter spring, it means that summer isn't that far away and this excites me greatly. I love the winter and curling up with a hot chocolate by the fire but I also love the idea of summer. There are so many things I am looking forward to in the next couple of months..

Hanging out with family. I can't wait to spend quality with my family as I have spend seven months living at University. Also the idea of not having to cook my own dinner every night and having my sister as my room mate again is going to be wonderful. 

When I think of summer, I think of Ice Cream Vans and hearing the sound of van coming around the houses. I personally love to have a Fab Ice Lolly while sitting in the sun. Everyone is allowed a treat every now and again.  Doesn't that just sound fabulous right about now?! 

The higher temperatures in the summer mean I am able to use my garden again. I love having breakfast, lunch and dinner outside in my garden. Something about eating outside makes the food taste so much better. Along with my garden comes a paddling pool. Now I know that sounds childish, but sitting in a cool paddling pool while my little brother pours water over my head is one of my favourite things ever.

One thing that I truly love about summer is the longer nights and lighter mornings. I can't wait to wake up to sunlight rather having dark, cold windy and rainy mornings. In the UK, the sun doesn't set until around 10pm during the summer which is amazing because I can sit outside and read a book until I fall asleep. 

Summer nail polishes. I am a massive fan of bright pinks, orange, green and blue nail polishes and summer is perfect for them. Pastel nail polish colours are also great for the summer which makes an outfit more colourful. 

I can't wait to crack out my summer wardrobe again. Maxi skirts are my favourite to wear because they go with crop tops and keeps my legs warm and go perfectly with flats as well as heels. I haven't ever tried a playsuit but I feel that this summer might be the one where I try one. 

What are you looking forward in Summer?

Emily <3 

12 comments:

  1. Great post! I can't wait for Summer, I'm looking forward to the lighter mornings and longer days. Plus beach trips and barbecues!

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! :) Summer is the best time of the year! I love heading out surfing in the California sunshine :D x

    luvleenb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! It is the best time of the year :D xx

      Delete
  3. What an amazing post!
    Thank you for publishing it!)

    p.s. do you like shopping or travel? Read how to save up 75% in my new post http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/04/universal-clothes.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ice cream, beach, sun! (:

    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely and happy post, can't wait for summer!

    My Makeup Mémoire

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've spent the past 5 summers in London, so i'm really looking forward to spending the next 4 months at my parents', on the French Riviera. It's where I was born and grew up and I'm such a beach bum at heart, I cannot wait to go paddle boarding, play beach volley and just get back to my usual skin colour - and no, that is not pasty white! haha!

    I'm so grateful I get to work from home until September!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg your summer holiday sounds amazing! I would seriously love to learn to paddle board and of course get a tan :D xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric