Thursday, 28 May 2015

Healthy Eating | My Top 5 Tips


One thing that I have been trying really hard at for the last couple of months is healthy eating. When I first moved out and had to cook for myself, I honestly ate some of the most unhealthy meals in the world because they were quick and easy and because there was no one to stop me or yell at me. This may seem like the dream but trust me when I say that it takes a massive toll on your body. After noticing that I didn't have as much energy and my hair and skin was looking worst for wear I decided to make a change.

Before I get into my tips for eating healthy, I feel the need to tell you that before I made this change, I ate whatever I wanted to without thinking about the effects it has or what it has inside and I was the complete opposite of healthy eating. However now I am eating healthy and love cooking for myself and have even come up with some tips as well...

Source - Link

1. The Smallest Change Can Make a Difference 
This may sound like an obvious thing but its true. Don't make any big changes to your diet because you will only end up going back to your old eating habits by the end of the day. Try to make little and small changes which won't affect your daily routine. I started with cutting out soft fizzy drinks which also helped my bank account. Winning!



Source - Link

2. Drink Water and Cut Out Alcohol 
If there is one thing I am brilliant at, it would be drinking water. If water drinking was a sport in the Olympics I would win hands down. I never used to drink any water at all but then one day, I decided to challenge myself to only drink water for one week and the difference it made was amazing! Cutting out alcohol is an easy one for me as I don't drink but some alcoholic drinks are fully of calories so be aware.

Source - Link


 3. Preparation, Preparation & Preparation
I can't express how important preparation is. If you work long hours or come back late from the gym or college, the last thing your going to want to do is spend hours cooking a healthy meal so you will most likely go for a take out or pizza right? Well If I know I am going to be back late, I like to cut up the ingredients in the morning and prepare the sauce so when I get home, I only have to cook. Easy!



Source - Link 

4. Look & Think before you eat 
Before I started to have a healthy eating habit, I never ever bothered to look at the nutrition information or ingredients list but fast forward a year and I wouldn't dream of eating something before checking out the ingredients list. Even products such as pre made smoothies at the Supermarket may have hidden sugars so check before hand. Yes it may take more time but your body will thank you in the long run. 


 Source - Link

5. Find Inspiration & Recipes 
Finding healthy recipes and dishes helped me to cook and eat healthy meals. I first started by purchasing Deliciously Ella which is one of the best cookbook books ever. The recipes are simple and easy and don't require you to hunt high and low for the ingredients. Another great place to find inspiration is Pinterest as well as Food Blogs and Youtube channels. If you are motivated and inspirated, you are much more likely to eat cleanly.

Thinking about making a few changes yet? I hope these tips and tricks were helpful to you and these are just my own ideas and they may work differently for you. I am in no way a nutrition expert but I figured that these work well for my lifestyle.

What are your healthy eating tips or tricks?

Emily <3  

14 comments:

  1. Great tips! I will have to try some of these out.

    Anika | www.anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these tips! I'm going to try and make healthy eating more fun for myself and learn more about food and nutrition! I was thinking about getting the deliciously ella cookbook!

    Georgina
    foxonthehunt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a wonderful and eye opening cookbook :) xx

      Delete
  3. I desperately need to start changing up my eating habits- thanks for the great tips!! x

    http://graciegoes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips! Drinking water is definitely a big one!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been working on this as well, these are some great tips!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing post! I really loved reading it!
    I can't believe hidden sugars! I got a "healthy" fruit drink and it has more sugar than full fat coke! I stick to water and fruit juice! I don't drink a lot so a glass of wine here and there doesn't bother me and I don't take sugar in my tea or coffee! I don't miss it anymore!

    Fix Me In Forty Five - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was helpful and keep up the good work! :) xx

      Delete
  7. Great article! I am having some of these points on my list, especially concerning the water! I am working hard to make this a habit:)

    Oly | TLV Birdie Blog
    http://tlvbirdie.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric