Thursday, 21 May 2015

How To Motivate Yourself To Workout


Recently I have been very good and have been working out every morning for the past two months and this is because of my new found fitness and workout motivation. The reason why I never got into fitness before hand was because I didn't have the motivation to drag myself out of bed but that has all changed! I felt the need to share them with you so that you can be just as motivated...

1. Cute Workout Clothes
This may sound like a odd thing to be motivated by but honestly it works! Go out and buy yourself some cute, pretty and colourful workout bras, tops and pants. If you feel comfortable and happy in your workout clothes, you are more likely to enjoy the exercise and makes you feel good as well. If I'm feeling demotivated, I think about the new workout leggings I brought and then I'm up and out the door. 

2. Make a Workout Playlist
The night before you plan to workout or exercise, plan and create a playlist of your favourite songs. These songs should generally be up beat and fun to listen to. If you have a couple of new songs that you like to listen to, then download the songs onto your phone or ipod. The only way I get through a run is if I have my dance playlist going otherwise it isn't happening. If your stuck for music, then just have a google and there are loads of suggestions. 

3. Do it in the Morning 
There have been countless times when I have said, I'll workout this evening and then I end up completely skipping it. I quickly learnt that working out in the morning gets it out of the way and allows you to get on with the rest of the day. Yes this will sometimes mean that you may have to get up earlier but chances of getting it done later are going to be smaller. I love going for a run or a swim in the morning as it refreshes me and fully wakes me up. 

4. Make it a date
I don't mean in a romantic way, but a workout date with a friend or family member. If you agree to meet up with a person at the gym to workout, you are more likely to go. Your workout buddy could be a friend, partner or family member. I personally love waking up my sister and dragging her out for a walk, run or cycle ride. Not only does it make it more fun and enjoyable but the time just seems to flow by without you noticing.  
  
Are you feeling motivated yet? I hope these tips and tricks have got you up and into your workout clothes and to the gym. These are just my ideas and tips and they work well for me but they may work differently for you. I would love to hear what exercises and sports you love to perform! 

What motivates you to keep fit and exercise? 

Emily <3 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I'm always struggling with finding ways to make myself exercise :D I feel like finding a friend to exercise with would help as well, since it's much more fun plus an extra dose of motivation :)

    http://allure-square.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it useful! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I find that a good playlist is the only way to realistically get me to work out daily. Otherwise, I just keep putting it off and before I know it, it's been 2 weeks and I no longer fit in my jeans. Ha!

    - Elodie x

    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love having a good playlist to workout to! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Such great tips :)

    www.maireem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric