Sunday, 10 May 2015

The Lazy Girl Introduction To Exercise


[pixabay]

One thing that I am trying so hard to keep up is exercising and to be specific, exercising everyday. As I am sure you know by now, one of my goals for this year is to exercise and be more active. It was fair to say that it started off pretty rocky however I think I am finally back on track. As a sport student, you would think that I am very easily motivated but you would be wrong. I find it rather hard to motivate myself to get out and off my laptop and exercise. However since beginning my fitness journey I have found some tips to help motivate myself and I thought I would share them with you. So here is my lazy girl introduction to exercise...

20-30 Minutes Per Day 
When I first set myself the goal of exercising everyday, I exercised for an hour at a time but quickly lost my motivation. However I learned that with the right type of exercise, you only need to exercise for between 20-30 minutes per day. If you really don't like the idea of doing exercise or being active, try and do 20 to 30 of gentle exercise per day. This could involve walking around a park or by the seaside. 

Find an Activity That You Like 
The first words that normally come to mind when people mention exercise include running. One thing that some don't realise is that there are many different forms of exercise and not every form of exercise is suitable or fun for everyone. Find a exercise that you like and enjoy because if you enjoy it, you are more likely to stick to it. Some of my favourites include swimming, aqua fit classes, yoga and pilates. Not everything requires running until you can't physically breathe any more. Believe me, exercise can be fun.

Get an Exercise Buddy 
Another way to make exercise more fun includes having an exercise buddy. This could be a family member or friend. I normally try to rope my sister or brother to come running or swimming with me. Having someone to workout with makes it more fun and makes you push yourself further. Working out with friends is also great because it becomes a social activity and one of my favourites is going to a aqua fit class with my best friend. I haven't laughed and smiled as much as I do when I am in aqua fit classes.

Fitness is a Journey 
The last one isn't really a tip but rather a statement. Fitness is a Journey and it took a while for me to understand this. You can't expect to see changes straight away. It takes months for the changes to be noticed. The worse thing to do is exercise for a week and then wonder why you haven't seen a change. Give it time and trust me, you will see results.

I hope you found these tips helpful if you are trying to workout more and be more active. These are just my advice and I am no workout or exercise expert and these are just tips that I found work for me. If you have any tips which you discovered please feel free to leave them in the comments below. Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin and twitter!

What is your favourite workout to perform?

Emily <3 

4 comments:

  1. I will definately follow this routine!! Love it! :)<3

    littlecoffeebreak.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bad at exercise, but I do like looking at routines on YouTube xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric