Thursday, 18 June 2015

A Few New Purchases | Drugstore Haul



Over the last couple of months, a few new beauty products have joined my ever growing collection and I thought I would talk about them in this post. I recently took a trip to Superdrug to pick up some essentials and as per usual, some other products also caught my eye. I most certainly didn't buy these items all at once and I definitely didn't need all of these products but I couldn't help myself and I would love to hear what you thought of them.

Starting off with the beauty essentials I felt I needed, I picked up the Superdrug 100% Pure Cotton Wool Pads. Doesn't everyone need these?! These cotton pads are essential to me as I use them to remove my make up with my Micellar Cleansing Water. Another very important purchase for me was the Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes. I personally don't use make up wipes to actually remove the make up off my face but rather to remove lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner and blusher swatches from my hand and arm. I also find these useful for removing eyeliner or eyeshadow that hasn't gone the way I wanted it to. Moving on from wipes and on to hair bands. Where do all the hair bands go? I picked up another set of Superdrug Metal Free Hairbands. These hair bands are great as they don't rip my hair out.

From hair bands to skincare. I noticed the other day that I was running out of my favourite cleanser so I brought a back up for when the previous one runs out. My cleanser of choice is the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser. I have talked about this cleanser non stop but it is one of the greatest cleansers from the drugstore and is well worth a try. I use this cleanser to clean my face after I have removed my make up. Another back up product that I picked up is the Simple Moisturising Facial Wash. I know that I have recently talked about this skincare item but it is one of my 'must have' products. A more random purchase would be the Superdrug Eyeshadow Brush. Some of my favourite eyeshadow brushes come from Superdrug as they are brilliant and cheap. If your in the market for a new or different eyeshadow brushes, I would strongly recommend trying this brush.

As a beauty blogger, I couldn't help but pick up some beauty products to try out as well. The first item is the Make Up Revolution Blush Palette in Sugar and Spice. I had previously brought one of these blush palettes a couple of months ago and use it almost everyday so I decided to invest in another one. These blush palettes contain six different blushers all of which are very pigmented and blend able. One lipstick brand I had never tried was the Topshop Lipsticks so back in May, I picked up a Topshop Lipstick in Brighton Rock. This is a wonderful and wearable shade for the summer time.

The last couple of purchases are both nail polishes which don't come as a shock really. I spotted that Barry M had brought out a new line of nail polishes called Sunset Gel which uses Daylight rather than a UV lamp to create a long lasting gel effect. I was very interested in this so I picked up the shade 'Peach For The Stars' along with the matching Sunset Topcoat to create the gel effect. So far I have been enjoying these polishes as they leave a great shiny finish.

What beauty products have you purchased recently?

Emily <3 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely haul! The palette looks amazing! So pretty!
    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely haul!! :)

    littlecoffeebreak.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many lovely things about this blush palette, I really need to get my hands on it :) also the new line from Barry M sounds soo interesting. x

    alexandraabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great post !!
    your blog is gawjus !!

    would mean so much to if you commented your thoughts on my new video

    Mydresscollection

    have a wonderful day
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blush palette looks really pretty! I haven't bought any make up recently apart from some Maybelline things a couple of weeks ago at the airport! xx

    Floralchaos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blush palette is stunning! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric