Thursday, 11 June 2015

Beauty Picks For Summer


I never seem to know when summer truly starts but recently the weather has been gorgeous and since I have finished university for the year, I have been thinking about some of the beauty choices which I make for the warmer weather. Since it is the beginning of June I felt it was the perfect time to share with you some of the beauty products that I'll be reaching for which include mosturisers, lip products and blushers and the occasional nail polish or two.


Kicking off with skincare, I always find myself reverting to Simple. As a person who has sensitive skin, I have found that Simple is a brand that suits my skin well. The Simple Protecting Moisture Cream is a summer pick mainly because it contains SPF 30 while still maintaining a light texture and not creating too much shine. During the warmer months, I prefer a lighter base while still providing a bit of coverage to cover those spots. The Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream is the ideal product as it is light but also burrs spots. Not to mention that it leaves you shine free if you get the oily skin version.


Moving onto make up, I don't normally use a different type of bronzer but the same can't be said for blushers. My ideal summer blusher is the Natural Collection Blush 'Peach Melba' which as the name may suggest has a peach tone to it. I find that this blusher compliments a tan and gets used a lot during the months of June through to August. The texture of the blusher feels light and doesn't over power the face but rather adds a healthy glow. 


In terms of lips, I often reach for products which are bright and moisturising as well as long lasting. As the temperatures increase, the bold red lipsticks go away and the bright pinks come out. The Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm 'Vivacious'  is a summer favourite and is a fun bright colour which is fantastic for summer. This lacquer balm is very moisturising and leaves your lips with a stain which results in long lasting colour. The Topshop Lipstick 'Brighton Rocks' is another must have and is a more subtle yet beautiful pink colour. Although this product is slightly drying, it is rather long lasting and adds a pop of colour as well. 


Lastly but definitely not least come nail polishes. For summer, I often turn to pink and peachy shades as well as mint green. I do love a good mint green nail polish. Essie's Peach Daiquiri is the pure combination of pink and peach which creates this light  pink shade and is splendid. The longevity of this nail polish is unreal which is ideal when it comes summer purely because of the amount of swimming, paddle boarding and other activities I get up to. Another peach shade I adore is Barry M's Peach For The Stars.  As stated earlier, I have also been known to rock mint green during a summer holiday as well. My personal favourite is Barry M's Greenberry which can only be described as a bright mint green colour and is very eye catching. I would recommend wearing this shade in the height of summer!

What are your summer beauty picks? 

Emily <3 

12 comments:

  1. Love the Barry M polishes. My summer essentials are Essie Blanc and Nars Roman Holiday lip pie - a match made in heaven!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try Essie Blanc :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've been trying out some new nail polish brands for summer but I always end up going back to Barry M, I just love those polishes x Totally need to try some of the topshop lip products too :)

    Caitriona | Blog




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are definitely worth a try :) xx

      Delete
  3. i still haven't tried any of topshop's makeup, need to get on that!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are of such great quality :) xx

      Delete
  4. have you tried the maybelline nail polishes - they have amazing staying power and they have just released a gorgeous peach shade for spring/summer.

    LJ
    jamjartales.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have indeed! They are very good! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried the colourburst laquer lip balms but they do sound amazing!

    Check out my GIVEAWAY | Little Lauren's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would seriously recommend it :) xx

      Delete
  6. Love this post! Put some great tips in there!

    Lauryn xo

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric