Thursday, 25 June 2015

Five Beauty Tips I Always Follow


When I first started wearing make up, I didn't know what I was doing and it is safe to say that there were some serious make up crimes committed. However over time and with lots and lots of practice, I finally feel that I can create a make up look that looks half decent and with this comes a couple of tips which I never fail to forget. These are just my tips and tricks which I found though trial and error and I thought I would share them with you.

Invest In a Good Nail Polish Top Coat 
I love wearing nail polishes but love it more when it is long lasting. For years and years, I went with out using a top coat and always wondered why my nail polish was chipping after only hours of wearing it. When I finally noticed that I needed to get a top coat, I tried so many different ones. Not all top coats actually help but one budget top coat I like is the Barry M Clear Top Coat. The Essie 'Good To Go' Top Coat is one of the best I have ever tried and makes the nail polish last longer. 

Never Pair A Bold Lip With Smoky Eyeshadow
I really wish that someone had informed me of this tip when I first started wearing eyeshadow. I never thought about whether my lips and eyeshadow matched which meant that there were times when I paired a smoky eye with a orange lip. Never ever again. If I am going to go bold with the eyes than I normally go for a more neutral lip colour such as light pink. Make either the lips or eyes the centre of attention but never both. 

Prime Your Lips Before Applying a Matte Lipstick
Lipsticks of a matte formula are very unforgiving if your lips are dry and cracked. The lipstick will stick to the dry bits of skin and look terrible. To avoid this, use a lip scrub to remove any dead cells before then applying your favourite smooth lip balm to moisture your lips. Priming your lips before hand ensures that your lips are smooth and soft and also makes the lipstick last longer without it flaking off or drying out your lips.

Take Your Time Blending In Your Foundation 
One of the most important tips I have learnt. Take your time when it comes to blending in your foundation. The last thing you want is foundation that isn't fully blended in and just soaks into your pores. Blending ensures that the foundation doesn't become streaky which doesn't look good on anyone. Also remember to pick the correct shade so that it matches your skin and make sure that it suits your skin type.

Store Your Liquid Liner Upside Down 
My last tip is about liquid liner. There is nothing worse than streaky liner because the liner doesn't come out consistently. To avoid this problem, try storing your liquid liner upside down. This ensures that the liquid comes out at a consistent rate. This will also make sure that you get a nice, solid black line every time and stops the liquid liner from drying out as quickly.

What are your top five beauty tips?

Emily <3 

18 comments:

  1. Great tips! Taking time to blend your foundation really makes a difference. My tips would be to use eyeshadow to fill in your eyebrows, to invest in a good primer and in skincare.

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! Def do some of these, but I gotta try the liner one!

    xxMel
    goldrusssh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start using the liquid liner tip! And completely agree about the top coat- I'm a stickler for a base coat, too! :)

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow all of these other than the eyeliner one, which I've never heard of but makes sense!

    The topcoat one is very important to me, I actually have a post scheduled over the next couple of days detailing my (very long) manicure process, if you're interested!

    Hannah x
    http://xhannahsaidso.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check it out :) xx

      Delete
  5. OMG dear!! Your blog is amazing !!

    love the post !!

    keep up the good :)

    come and say hi
    Jadiee'sLittleBlog


    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really wear makeup too often, but one of my favorite beauty products at the moment is a Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadow in the shade Castle! It's a really nice, natural-brown color that looks great by itself when applied to the eyes! Have you ever tried her cream eyeshadows? They're amazing!
    Loved this post ( :

    http://withlovefromnicole.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always wanted to try Bobbi Brown Cream Eyeshadows :) xx

      Delete
  7. a good top coat is a must, seche vite is my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try this top coat! :) xx

      Delete
  8. Nice tips!
    http://theshybeautyfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric