Tuesday, 30 June 2015

June Favourites // 2015


Seriously where did June go? I don't know about you but the fact that June is finished is pretty scary but I do have some monthly favourites to share. Because I'm currently on a summer break from University, I have had more time to experiment and wear make up and I have a few rediscovered products. My monthly favourites include eyeshadows, eyeliners, moisturisers and of course nail polishes as well as a tv show and an album which I can't stop listening to.


My first monthly favourite is a rediscovery of mine. I have been using the Simple Protecting Moisture Cream non stop this month. The main reason for this is because of the SPF 30 it contains as I have been going for hikes, runs and generally spending a lot of time outside. I find that I normally burn quickly when I'm exposed to the sun so I have been turning to this product almost everyday this month.


The first eye product that I have been wearing a lot this month is the Rimmel Glam Eye HD Quad Eyeshadow in 'Heart of Gold'. I haven't been the biggest fan of Rimmel eyeshadows in the past and I brought this quad a while back but never used it. However a couple of weeks ago I was in the mood to rock a gold eye look and have been addicted to the quad ever since. The eyeshadow blends so well and creates the perfect gold summer look.


Another rediscovered product also comes from Rimmel. I have really been enjoying brown pencil eye liner rather than a black liquid liner as it creates a more natural look and is also a lighter option compared to liquid liners. The Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil 'Oil Sable Brown' is my favourite pencil liner of the moment as it slides along my lash line and doesn't move until I use make up remover to remove it. At only £2.99, I can't recommend a cheaper pencil liner that is as good.


Onto the nail polishes that I have been loving this month. I'm sure this will come as no shock that I have been wearing Barry M Hi Shine Nail Polishes non stop. The two shades that I have been wearing the most is a light blue shade and a light mint green shade. The Barry M Hi Shine 'Sky Blue' is a light baby blue colour while the Barry M Hi Shine 'Sugar Apple' is a more mint green toned colour. I will agree that they are very similar shades and I definitely don't need to have both but I am nail polish obsessed.


In terms of tv shows, I can't stop watching The Whispers. It is scary but still makes me want to watch it every week. The Whispers is about aliens who use children to carry out their plans and plots. Sounds odd but seriously give it a try! The album that has been played non stop throughout June is Ella Henderson's Chapter One. I know I'm late to the party on this one but every song on the album is amazing and is one of my all time favourite albums.

What were your June Favourites?

Emily <3

10 comments:

  1. I usually transition into brown eyeliner in the summer, too, but this year I can't let go of the liquid flick yet!

    Hannah x
    http://xhannahsaidso.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Simple Moisture Cream seems really good, I'll have to check it out!

    http://lxdia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That eye pallet looks amazing! http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a new moisturiser with SPF in it, so will definitely check out this one from simple! The Whispers sounds like a really interesting program and one I think I'd like! Great post x

    emily x ❤ | emilyloula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Whispers is definitely worth a try! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I love the Whispers too - can't wait for the next episode ;)

    If you'd like you could check out my new blog arabesque - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric