Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Small Changes For A Healthier Lifestyle



A goal that everyone has on their list at the beginning of the year is to live a healthier lifestyle. Unfortunately, most times this doesn't really happen but to those who have kept to their goal and are pushing through keep going! However if you are beginning to lack motivation to maintain a healthier lifestyle, here are a couple of small changes that you could make...

Drink water as soon as you wake up 
In a previous post I mentioned drinking water, but one thing to add to your morning routine is to drink water as soon as you wake up. I normally like to keep a bottle or glass of water by my bed and just grab it as soon as my sister wakes me up. Read a book or check instagram and twitter while drinking your water to past the time. You don't even need to leave your bed to do this. Amazing!

Exercise Three Times a Week 
I'm sure that you have all heard that exercise is part of a healthy lifestyle but that doesn't just include running until you fall onto the floor. Try a range of activities and exercises to find one that you enjoy and stick to it. If you really don't have a great relationship with exercise try something gentle such as Yoga, Walking or an Aqua Fit class. There is something for everyone out there. 

Eat More Fruit & Vegetables 
Try to fit more fruit and vegetables into your diet. If you can't stand vegetables, try some sweet potato fries. I normally have at least one piece of fruit with every meal. I love having banana with my oatmeal in the morning and an apple in the afternoon as well as Strawberries and Grapes in the evening. If you don't like to eat fruit, why not create a smoothie with them or add them to water. 

Schedule Time For Yourself   
Health isn't just physical but social and mental. I feel that having a bit of alone time is healthy for everyone. Having some time to yourself to do what you want is a great way to unwind and relax. If you have little spare time then try scheduling yourself some free time. Crack out the nail polishes, face masks, magazines, popcorn and blast your favourite tunes and just relax and chill out. You deserve it!  

Cut Out Unhealthy Sugary Snacks 
If your about to dive into a sugary snack, stop! Instead why not pick up a piece of fruit or some nuts rather than chips and cookies. When I hit that time in the afternoon where I need a snack keep me going, I love to reach for a slice of healthy homemade flapjack. This still gives me that sweet taste while not being completely sugary. Remove the chips and cookies from the house; out of sight, out of mind.

I really hope that these tips are useful and help you to live a slightly healthier lifestyle. These are my tips and I have found that they work for me but they may work differently for you as I am no fitness or nutrition expert. I would love to hear from you about what you do to maintain your health!

Have you made any small changes recently? What are they?

Emily <3 

8 comments:

  1. I definitely try and do all of the above, although I tend to stay away from starchy vegetables and try high carb fruits since I am trying to get back into shape. Clearly, 4 years of living in the UK ruined my French Riviera body! Haha!

    - Elodie x
    www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that your getting back in shape :) xx

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to make some healthier changes! I love doing yoga but I'm still terribly unfit so I've started adding in jogging to the routine!
    Allison from Mercuteify

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My current fitness routine involves running and yoga :) xx

      Delete
  3. Love these tips. I do the water one and drink green tea in the morning, really does flush out the bad stuff!
    Cutting out unhealthy snacks... easier said than done, I love my chocolate haha!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! Cutting out unhealthy snacks is hard but really makes a difference! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Such great tips, I always have water by my bed as well, so drinking it when I wake up isn't a problem. I've recently started incorporating more exercise into my routine as well, really needed to!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric