Sunday, 21 June 2015

What I Eat In A Day


I thought I would try a different type of post today and its all about food. I decided to document all the food I ate in one day. I personally love to have a look at what other people eat as it provides great inspiration and ideas of meals that I could cook and hopefully this will do the same for you. I would like to state that I am definitely no role model when it comes to healthy eating and choosing the right types of foods to eat but I thought this would be a fun post to do. This is a typical daily food plan for me.

Breakfast:

A normal breakfast for me is Oatmeal. I add Unsweetened Almond Milk to Plain Porridge Oats and mix them together. If I want to make it sweeter, I often add Raw Honey without any added sugars. I top this off with sliced pieces of banana. Yummy! This breakfast doesn't just taste good but releases energy over a longer period of time. If I have extra time in the morning, I might make some boiled eggs but most days it's just Oatmeal as its quick and simple.

Lunch:

When it comes to lunch, I go for some Peanut Butter Toast, Sliced Apples and Sweet Potato Fries. I definitely don't eat all of these dishes at once but over a couple of hours. I start off with Meridian Smooth Peanut Butter which doesn't contain any sugar or oil spread over Gluten Free Bread. One of the easiest meals to make. I also love to make Sweet Potato Fries which taste heavenly. I normally follow the Deliciously Ella recipe. I finish lunch off with a juicy apple.

Dinner:

This is the meal that changes the most. I don't normally have a say in what I have for dinner as I eat dinner with the Family. However on this particular day, we had Chicken Wings, Potato Waffles and Baked Beans, I also had some salad on the side but totally forgot to take a photo. Sorry! I know this isn't the healthiest of dinners but you have to treat yourself once in a while right? I often have some strawberries after dinner but we ran out so I had some grapes instead.

Snacks:

I try not to snack during the day or between meals but rather have a larger lunch and eat it over a longer period of time. But when I can't wait for the next meal or if I am out and about, I have a Nakd Bar. These are my favourite bars and are so healthy. They only contain fruit, nuts and seeds and are cold pressed. Amazing! I favourites are the Orange Cocoa, Cashew Cookie and Bakewell Tart.

In terms of drinks, I only drink water and if I want something different, I'll add fruit or squash. That's what a typical meal plan of a day looks like. I know that not everyone eats the same things and often not every food is suitable for everyone but I thought it may be useful to some to see what I eat.

What do you eat in a day?

Emily <3 

7 comments:

  1. Such a great post! I love Nakd Cashew Cookie - it's my favourite.

    Jana // Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm this looks so good, what's weird was I was just thinking about peanut butter then clicked on your post :D Totally having some now.

    Meme xx

    New Blog Post:
    'Beautiful = Natural'
    http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah I'm having peanut butter too! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I must try those naked cookies-sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!
    I must say I had a great read... I have shared your post :)
    I just love your blog !!!
    MyGlossyBox


    Have a wonderful day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric