Thursday, 16 July 2015

10 Ways To Brighten Up Your Day



I don't know about you but there are just some days when I can't help feeling sorry for myself. Whether it be because of friendship, relationship or family drama or something that happened at work, sometimes I just need a day to cheer myself up and get myself out of the pity party. This can take some time to achieve but I have come up with a list of ideas to help along the way.

Get Up At A Reasonable Time - If I'm feeling down and in the dumps, lying in bed all day makes me feel worse because I feel like I haven't achieved anything and have wasted a day. I like to drag myself out of bed by 9.30am the latest. Once your up, grab your favourite scented cleanser and use it.

Shower With Your Most Luxurious Shower Gel - Sounds odd but it really helps. I love to use a shower gel from The Body Shop as they smell heavenly and feel luxurious when they are being used. If your not a shower person, try making yourself a bubble bath and light some candles.

Apply Your Favourite Make Up Products - If I'm having a me day, I will often go for a lighter more natural look but its up to you. I love to wear my favourite bright pink lipstick as it makes me feel happy and you can do the same, Pick out your favourite make up products and apply them to the face.

Style Your Hair - Another thing which may sound odd but is rather effective. If you leave your hair untouched it can make your feel worse so why not curl or straighten it. Not got enough time or energy, try a quick side braid or a high ponytail. Style it how you want it to look.

Throw On Comfortable Clothes - Most people like to reach for sweatpants when they are feeling down, but I love to wear maxi dresses or skirts. This may sound weird but it makes me feel better if I look stylish and I find maxi dresses super comfortable as well. Try it seriously!

Tidy Your Surroundings - Ever heard the saying tidy room, tidy mind. Tidy your room by picking up those clothes sitting on the floor, and organise your make up area or vanity. I find that tidying helps me feel better as I am no longer sitting in a massive mess.

Eat & Exercise - Grab some healthy snacks such as fruit, sweet potato fries or a mango smoothie. Junk food will only make you feel worse in the long run. Most people aren't in the mood for exercise when in this state, so why not crack out your yoga mat and try a relaxing yoga video.

Blast Your Favourite Albums - One thing that really perks me up, is dancing around my room to my favourite albums. I love to create throwback playlists and I normally pick one of these playlists and blast it while I'm getting ready in the morning or when I need a moment to myself.

Create a List & Goals - Writing down a list of things that I need to complete is a great way of figuring out what I need to do. Creating and writing goals is a great way to find some direction and have an idea of where I want to go and what I hope to achieve. This could be a change in diet, fitness or health.

Online Shopping & Painting Nails - Online shopping is something that I turn to when I'm not feeling in the right head space. I have recently been buying a couple of beauty products which always cheers me up. Another thing I love to do is painting my nails and always brightens up my day and hands.

What do you do to brighten up your day?

Emily <3

15 comments:

  1. Online shopping and painting nails are my favourite as well as showering with amazing shower gel and styling my hair.I love this post! :))
    xoxo Antonella
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tidying really helps me! I feel much more positive and focused when I'm in a nice and tidy space. Loved reading this thanks for sharing!

    http://littleredblogger1.blogspot.ie/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! I love tidying up :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love these tips, I do all of them! Having a shower and listening to my favourite songs of the moment are some of my favourites! x

    ellie etc | a personal style & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love showering and listening to music at the same time! :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love this, ever since finishing uni i've tried to not waste my days lazying around doing nothing, even just having a relaxing bath makes the day so much better!
    http://onthehs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post :) I always find a good cup of tea and cake brightens up a dully/crap day! :) I also enjoy reading blogs or magazines xx

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab post! Online shopping is definitely my way of relaxing! x

    touchofgucci.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love days like this! Perfect.
    Jas | jaspooleblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric