Tuesday, 7 July 2015

A Better Night's Sleep | Tips & Tricks


I'm sure you have heard the expression that everyone needs their beauty sleep and people always say that you should get around eight hours of sleep per night but this is easier said than done. I am a massive fan of sleep and can often be found sleeping whenever I have a free moment. However I sometimes get nights where sleep just seems impossible and that's where I have come up with a few ways to give myself a better night's sleep.

Perform a Yoga Routine 
Before you laugh, the routine doesn't need to be hard or intense but rather relaxing and calming. If I am ever stressed out I love to perform a calming yoga routine which brings my heart rate down and clears my mind. Relaxing Yoga Routines can be ideal if you find it hard to switch off at night as it allows you to focus on your heart beat and breath which causes you to relax and clears your mind.

Relax & Pamper
If Yoga really isn't your thing, why not try a pamper session with your favourite products. I find that treating yourself, watching tv and reading magazines really helps to take my mind off any problems or issues I have. I feel that once I have released myself of any negativity, I am calmer, more relaxed and more likely to fall asleep quicker.

Create a Night Time Routine 
One thing that made a huge differennce to my sleep pattern is my night time routine. I created a simple night time routine which consists of switching off my laptop at eight o'clock and kicking back and watching tv and reading a book. I normally remove my make up and pop on my PJs early in the evening as its comfortable and allows me to unwind and chill out.

Wake Up With Daylight 
I have very thin curtains which means that when the sun rises, the day light comes flooding in. I used to hate this and always moaned about it but recently, I have been making the most of it. I really enjoy slowly waking up with the daylight as it is a graduate wake up call. At first it can feel strange and odd but now I love waking up with the light and it really puts me in a happy mood.

What are your tips and tricks for a better night's sleep?

Emily <3

4 comments:

  1. I often have trouble sleeping so this post is so useful, thank you so much for sharing! I usually try to wake up with daylight anyway, which does help, but usually its the actual going to sleep part that I find difficult - so I'm definitely going to try out the rest of your tips :) x

    ellie etc | a personal style & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't forget to let me know how you get on! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric