Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Budget Beauty Heroes


I am a drugstore beauty girl at heart and love a good beauty bargain as a student on a budget. There are so many different budget beauty products lining the shelf's of Superdrug and Boots and some aren't the greatest but others are heroes. As a beauty blogger, I have tried my fair share of products and I felt like sharing my budget beauty heroes with you.


One thing that I struggle to find at the drugstore is a powder that controls oil and is long lasting as well. A lot of people talk about the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder but it didn't work for me as it didn't reduce shine. However one powder that I like is the Seventeen Miracle Matte Pressed Powder. This powder is unlike any others I have ever tried as it leaves my face completely matte for the whole day and isn't too heavy or powdery.

Finding a bronzer that doesn't contain large amounts of shimmer and glitter at an affordable price can be tricky but the Rimmel Bronzing Compact Powder in 'Light Matte' is a great option. In this range of bronzing powders, there are matte as well as shimmer and come in different shades. I hadn't heard much about these bronzers but I can't recommend them more. They aren't orange or glittery and give a healthy sun kissed glow and are such a bargain.


There are so many great budget blushers which are of great quality and I own many of them. However one brand that creates great quality blushers at an affordable price is Make Up Revolution. Their single blushers are so pigmented but my personal favourite is the Make Up Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in'Sugar and Spice'. This palette contains eight different shades six of which are matte blushers and two highlighter shades and only cost £6. The pigmentation is unbelievable and blends into the skin perfectly.


In terms of cream eyeshadows, you can't go wrong with Maybelline Colour Tattoos. Everyone loves the shade of 'On & On Bronze' and I'm a massive fan as well. However my new favourite happens to be the Maybelline Leather Effect in 'Creamy Beige'. This cream eyeshadow is the perfect everyday natural eye product. There is something so pretty about the natural look it gives and evens out the skin tone and is great as a base.

My favourite single powder eyeshadow happens to be the Make Up Academy Eyeshadow in 'Copper'. I love a good copper eyeshadow and this one is very pigmented and only costs £1. I can't find anything to fault about this eyeshadow as it is long lasting, pigmented and blends very well. I would highly recommend this eyeshadow if your a copper eyeshadow fan like me!


One brand that I always go back to when it comes to eyeliner is Rimmel.  They do amazing pencil eye liners but I have a special place for the Rimmel Scandaleyes Precision Micro-Eyeliner. This is the first liner that I ever brought and worked perfectly for me as it allowed me to experiment with black liquid liner. If you want to try using a liquid liner, this is perfect for you as it comes in a pen form and is super easy to use.

The last product also comes from Rimmel and is a lipstick. One product that this brand is famous for is the Kate Moss Lipstick Collection. They are very affordable and are such great quality with a massive range of colours to pick from. However my favourite lipstick is the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in '16'. This is a pink shade with a hint of coral and peach to it and I love to wear it during the sping and summer months.

What are your budget beauty heroes?

Emily <3

16 comments:

  1. this is such a great post its always great to find out about some amazing cheaper beauty products! id love it if you'd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/07/304-clothing-giveaway.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Makeup Revolution Flawless Matte Palette and I love it! This product of their's looks really good too, I'll have to pick it up next time I'm in Superdrug! Kate Moss lipstick is another one of my faves :)

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the make up revolution palettes :) xx

      Delete
  3. great post! these are all really pretty products!
    amanda-speroni.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love the blush palette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I really do love the Makeup Revolution Blush Palettes - they're just amazing value xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blush pallet looks so pretty! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love blushers a lot and I got the MUR Golden Sugar palette but I'm a bit disappointed. 3 of the shades are too similar and hardly pigmented, I'm really not impressed. Maybe I should have gone for the Sugar and Spice palette, sounds so much better than the GS. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's really disappointing to hear! I really enjoyed my palette :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric