Sunday, 19 July 2015

High End Beauty Haul & First Impressions


As I have finally got off my backside and got myself a job, I have been purchasing some more luxurious and high end beauty products. However I wasn't planning on buying this many products, I promise. I'm going to blame it on the fact that the most of these items were on sale and I am terrible at resisting a bargain. I have purchased a couple of products from Urban Decay, Mac and Clarins and I thought I would share my first impressions with you.


First up is a blogger classic and it comes from Mac. Believe it or not, I didn't own any Mac Eyeshadows but I had always wanted to and when I finally saved up the money, I did some research to find out which shade I wanted. In the end I picked up the Mac Eyeshadow in 'All That Glitters'. I have to say that my first impressions of this eyeshadow is that it's very pigmented and blends perfectly. However I would suggest using an eye primer underneath it as it makes it more intense and it creates a great natural all over the lid shade.

I wasn't planning on purchasing another mac item but Fragrance Direct were selling Mac products at a discounted price. I couldn't help myself and ended up picking another lipstick. After doing some research I purchased a Mac Lipstick in 'Impassioned'. When it arrived, I was shocked by the bright colour but once I applied it to my lips, I fell in love. On first impressions, I would say the lipstick has a very opaque coverage as well as being moisturising and long lasting.


Next up I purchased a couple of Urban Decay products. I have wanted to try the famous Eye liners from this brand for a while as they have such a big hype in the blogging world. When I saw that Beautybay.com were having a sale on there products, I couldn't stop myself. I picked up the Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide On Eye Pencil in 'Lush'. This pencil is a dark brown colour but when I tried it for the first time, I noticed a lot of fall out which was disappointing. However after a couple of more tries, it isn't creating as much fall out and does create a dark consistent line.

The other Urban Decay item is a palette which is equally as popular. I noticed that a palette I had been looking at for a while was on sale when I checked on Beautybay.com and I am so weak that I couldn't resist buying it. The Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette is my newest addition to my ever growing palette collection. I wasn't sure if I would get much use out of it but I was very wrong. I love using this palette because on first impressions the eyeshadows are very buttery and blend into the lid to create a natural eye look.


The last product was a bit of a impulse buy but I couldn't help myself. I decided to treat myself to the Clarins Blush Prodige in 'Sunset Coral'. I spotted this blusher on Fragrance Direct at a discounted price and I loved the look of it and it had some great reviews. I have to mention that the packaging is stunning, gorgeous and luxurious. This blush contains two shades which I normally swirl together to create the perfect blusher and bronzer blend. When I first tried this blusher, I found it very pigmented and long lasting and created a lovely healthy glow.

What do you think of these products?

Emily <3

6 comments:

  1. I really need to try a Naked pallet because they look amazing! And that lip shade is so beautiful! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using my naked palette :) xx

      Delete
  2. The colour of the MAC lipstick is gorgeous! Seems perfect for summer.

    x

    Small&Blonde ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing it around the summer :) xx

      Delete
  3. I feel like I could never spend that much on an eye pencil however I'm very tempted! :D I love MAC eyeshadows but would love to try their lippies as well, they just have so many I can't choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have brought it full price but it was half price when I got it! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric