Sunday, 26 July 2015

My Holiday Essentials & Must Haves


As you may have guessed from the title of this post, I am currently on holiday. I have pre written this post and I thought I would write about my holiday essentials and must haves. I don't know about you, but I love packing and it really excites me to run around and grab everything that I need. However I am a massive over packer so I have come up with a couple of my holiday essentials and must haves.


Dry Shampoo is a must have for me. When I go on holiday, I try my best to limit the amount of times I wash my hair which means dry shampoo is essential. I find that giving my hair a break from washing it everyday really helps to refresh and stops it from breaking off so quickly. My personal favourite is the Batiste Dry Shampoo in 'Tropical' as it stops my hair from becoming oily and a greasy hair ball.


Another holiday must have is a sunscreen. I got burnt last week during a day out with the family so I am going to be covered from head to toe in sunscreen but I do sometimes have a reaction to some types of sunscreen and therefore I use the Nivea Sun Moisturising Lotion SPF 30. This type of sun lotion really hydrates my skin and doesn't leave it feeling greasy or sticky but rather moisturised.


In terms of skincare, there are a couple of products which always travel with me. The Simple Kind To Skin Protecting Moisture Cream in SFP 30 is my moisturiser and I have talked about this a lot but it is worth a try. It may sound odd that a face mask is an travel essential but my face always benefits from a deep cleanse as I am not as strict on my skincare routine when on holiday and I love using the Simple Deep Cleansing Facial Mask.  Make up wipes are equally as important on those nights where you just can't be bothered with a five step skincare routine. I personally use the Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes as they are gentle and get the job done.


I know that not everyone likes to use a body butter during the summer or on holiday but I find that my skin becomes drier and a normal moisturiser doesn't cut it. Therefore I bring  The Body Shop Body Butter in 'Strawberry' which smells like a strawberry heaven. I don't normally bring a full size body butter but instead I like to pick up one of there mini body butters which are a perfect size for travelling.


My last holiday essential is a hand sanitizer and I always need to have one. A lot of people talk about and use the Soap & Glory hand sanitizer but I find the scent is overwhelming. Because of this, I use the Carex Aloe Vera Hand Gel which I find refreshing and hydrates and is non sticky or greasy. I also find this hand gel gentle on my hand and smells fresh and new.

What are your holiday essentials & must haves?

Emily <3

6 comments:

  1. Hand Gel is a must have! On my list I have garnier micellar water, soap and glory pore pack and garnier summer body!

    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also need my Ganier Micellar Water :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great picks! Gotta love the Batiste dry shampoos! :)

    xo Mandy | A Girl, Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely picks.. Simple is my fave too .. love all of their products :)

    Chic Peachy Pink l Instagram l Twitter l BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just find that all their products work so well with me :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric