Thursday, 2 July 2015

Products I Always Come Back To


As a beauty addict, I will be the first one to admit that I am always buying and trying new products. However they are a few items that I have always turned back to throughout the years. You know the products that you can't find anything as good as and you are always going back to. I felt this could be an interesting post to see what products I turn back to through thick and thin.

Kicking off with a mascara. I have many different mascaras from the drugstore and some I have loved and others weren't so great. However there are one mascara in particular that I find myself repurchasing and always using. The Maybelline The Falsies Mascara has always been in my make up collection and is always continuously used. After I finished my first one I tried to branch out and try others but after a couple of months, I repurchased it and the love affair started again. There is something about the volume and length that just makes it one of a kind.

Sticking with Maybelline, I adore their cream eyeshadows. When I walked into the drugstore to pick up some eye products for the first time, I came across the colour tattoos. I now own six different shades in the colour tattoos which tells you that I am obsessed with these cream products. One shade stands out as my go to product and that is The Maybelline Colour Tattoo 'On and On Bronze. The creamy formula blends perfectly into the eye crease and lid and creates a smoky bronze look.

Moving onto lip products. I am a big fan of trying out new and different lip products from lipsticks to lipglosses. However the Collection Cream Puff Moisturising Lip Cream 'Cotton Candy' is one product that I return to. There is something about a long lasting moisturising lip cream that always draws me back towards this cream puff. This lip cream slides onto the lips very smoothly and dries to a matte finish while keeping the lips moisturised and flake free. The lasting power of this product is unbelievable as it stays in place while you eat and drink.

I have only really started using bronzer within the last year or so which means that my bronzer collection isn't big but I do love using the Soap & Glory Solar Powder Bronzer . This is really the only bronzer I ever use and I have tried many different other bronzes but the mixture of both shades creates a bronze glow that I can't get enough of. I personally swirl and mix the two shades of bronzer that this product contains which gives a real healthy glow and has a slight hint of shimmer to it.

Eye palettes are my weakness and I own so many and to be honest, I don't use them all. I own palettes from, MUA, Stila, Make Up Revolution, Collection and Sleek but the palette that I always return to is the MUA 'Undressed' Eyeshadow Palette. It is rare that you ever find a palette where you use all the shades but with the 'Undressed' palette, all the shades are used and loved. At only £4 the eyeshadow quality is amazing and even rivals some of the high end palettes. I always reach for the MUA 'undressed' palette over my Stila 'In The Light' palette which really says something.

What products do you always come back to?

Emily <3

18 comments:

  1. That Lip cream is one of my favourites- In that exact same colour!

    Georgia | The Weekend Attic - Personal Style, Beauty and Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picks! I really want to try out the S&G bronzer! I have heard amazing things!
    I always go back to my MaxFactor Ruby Tuesday lipstick!

    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try this MaxFaxtor Lipstick :) xx

      Delete
  3. On and On Bronze and Solar Powder are definitely in my top 10 favourite makeup products. I love everything about their formulas and finish, and know that when I run out a repurchase will definitely be on the cards! The MUA palette looks gorgeous, I'll definitely be on the look out for it :) x

    Charlotte's Road // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the Falsies mascara and I love the MUA palettes, I have the Heaven and Earth one but I recently dropped it and lost my favourite shade!
    Hattie // hattiehards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of MUA's palettes they're so affordable and pigmented!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the Soap and Glory Solar Powder... it's amazing! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh i love the look of that soap and glory powder! the falsies is a winner in my eyes as well, it's just so good x
    natasha // eyebrows, inc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This mua eyeshadow palette looks beautiful - love these colours x

    Jana // Life of Jana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found myself reaching for the same MUA palette and Maybelline cream eyeshadow you showed every summer - these are my go-to, tried and tested products ;) Another would be The Rocket Mascara from Maybelline - have you tried it? If not, I highly recommend you do - it's amazing mascara ;)
    If you'd like you could check out my new blog arabesque - I'd be honored ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to try The Rocket Mascara! :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric