Sunday, 5 July 2015

Weekend Pamper Essentials


One thing that never fails to get me through a long week at work is a weekend pamper session. I'm a massive fan of pamper nights and normally have at least one per week. I just feel that everyone needs some time to treat themselves and feel good. As a beauty addict, there are many different products that I use and it can sometimes be overwhelming if your not as beauty crazy as me, so I thought  I would give you a break down of the products.


Body Lotion & Scrubs 
In terms of products used on your body, I often use shower gels, body scrubs and body lotions. I don't know if this is odd but I use a different shower gel when I am having a pamper night as I prefer to use a more luxurious one. My personal favourite is The Body Shop 'Mango' as the smell is heavenly and makes me feel more luxurious. One of my favourite things to use during a pamper night is body scrubs and specifically Soap & Glory Scrubs. At the moment, I am loving the Soap and Glory Body Buff as I feel that salt scrubs work better with my skin type. Once I have scrubbed and washed, I hop out the shower and lather myself in body butters. The Soap & Glory Righteous Butter is my current choice because it moisturises and hydrates my skin and leaves it feeling smooth and soft.


Hair masks & Treatments
As well as body products, hair products are also used and very well loved. Some people don't bother with extra hair products and I didn't for a long time but recently my hair has been a bit worst for wear. The Garnier Ultimate Blends The Sleek Restorer is my must have hair product and I have talked about it time after time. The smell and texture it gives my hair is amazing and makes it look so sleek. I also like to use the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner if my hair is very dry as it gives my hair a deep treatment. The Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Spray is used after I have showered as it strengthens my hair.


Face Scrubs & Masks 
While in the shower, I also reach for my face scrub. I don't own many face scrubs as I have sensitive skin but I do like to use the Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub as it is refreshing and sensitive. However my main face scrub is the Osiris Apricot Facial Scrub which can be brought from Tesco for £1. I love the smell of this scrub and it is rather smooth and soft which works well with my skin. Face masks are life savers when it comes to dry and spotty skin and I never fail to use them. My number one mask is the Simple Deep Cleansing Mask which leaves my skin smooth, soft and very healthy looking. If you prefer peel off masks, I would recommend the Simple Pure Cleansing Face Mask. I reach for the Superdrug Vitamin E Leave On Moisture Mask when I have dry and dehydrated skin.


Hands & Feet
Some people forget about the feet and hands but they are just as important as any other part. I like to use an intensive hand cream and paint my nails. The hand cream of choice at the moment is The Body Shop Coconut Hand Cream which is greasy free and smells amazing. A pamper session is never complete without nail polishes and I am loving mint green on my hands for the summer. For my feet I only use the Soap & Glory Heel Genius Foot Cream as it moisturises and softens my feet like nothing else I have tried.

What are your weekend pamper essentials?

Emily <3

16 comments:

  1. I'm so busy that I rarely find the time for a pamper night, but when I do a hair and face mask make me feel like I SO have my life together haha. I love the Superdrug clay mask, so will have to give this moisturising one a go too :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so busy that I rarely find the time for a pamper night, but when I do a hair and face mask make me feel like I SO have my life together haha. I love the Superdrug clay mask, so will have to give this moisturising one a go too :)

    Claire | Stylingo.co.uk | xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog post! I need to have a pamper night!

    rainandteaparties.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Love a good pamper night :) xx

      Delete
  4. Great post, I love a good pamper session. Those nail polish colours are so cute!

    http://njcdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to have a good pamper, too, and I LOVE having a long bath and then getting into clean sheets on a Friday night with a book and candles burning! It's such a little thing but it really helps the week go faster, you're right. I'm also the same with the body wash thing; I have 'special' ones and 'everyday' ones! It makes sense, I think, as I can't justify buying a shower gel for nearly £20 and then it be used up in 2 weeks!

    Hannah x
    xhannahsaidso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love having a good pamper! I get in the bath in a magazine and chill and then smother myself in lotions and potions!
    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading Women's Health magazine during a pamper night :) xx

      Delete
  7. The Mango scent from The Body Shops smells sooo good! It's my favourite:)

    http://abbiejade.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. need to find the time for a pamper night soon, lovely post!

    http://www.sheerbeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric