Tuesday, 28 July 2015

What's In My Holiday Make Up Bag?


A holiday wouldn't be complete without a post about my holiday make up bag. I am a person who likes to bring as much make up as possible and then doesn't end up using half of the products. Because of this, I have tried my best to scale down the amount of products I have packed and to think about what I will actually need and use.


The make up bag I am currently using is personalised and is from Notonthehighstreet.com and can be brought here. I own many different make up bags but I recently purchased this bag as I felt that I needed a slightly bigger make up bag which would be able to fit my palettes in and this one is perfect for me.


First up is make up brushes and I never seen to be able to scale down the amount I bring. For face brushes, I have got the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for my tinted moisturiser and a Superdrug Blusher and Powder Brush. I have also got Superdrug Eye Blending Brushes as well as a Real Techniques Mini Brush Trio.


In terms of bases, I have picked the Nivea Tinted Moisturising Day Cream in 'Natural'. I personally don't wear heavy foundations when I am on holiday so I have decided to bring a lighter base. However I have chosen to bring two different powders. The Seventeen Miracle Matte Pressed Powder in 'Natural Fair' is the powder I use when I want to avoid looking shiny and oily. The Maybelline Superstay 24 hour Waterproof Powder in 'Nude' is the powder I wear when I want a more dewy finish.


The bronzer that is coming with me is the L'oreal Glam Bronzer in '06' which is a matte bronzer that contains a slight amount of shimmer in it. I have been using this bronzer for the last couple of weeks and I really like the way it gives a natural bronzed look so it seems perfect for a holiday. This product is also very compact and great for travelling with.


I am a massive fan of blushers and if I could I would bring every blusher I own but instead I have picked a palette. The Make Up Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in 'Hot Spice' is the palette I am bringing which contains mostly coral and peachy toned blushers as well as two high lightening shades. My other blusher is the Rimmel Stay Blushed in 'Pop of Pink' which is a liquid cheek tint in a bright pink shade.


My favourite primer is the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and is coming on holiday with me. I haven't found a primer as good as this one as it keeps the eyeshadow in place all day and is a holiday must have for me. The other eyeshadow is the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' which is a blogger classic. I love using this for days when I am too lazy to apply any other eyeshadow.


When it comes to travelling, I always go for eyeshadow palettes as they save space and allow me to have more choice of shades as well. I have picked the Make Up Revolution Ultra Eyeshadow Palette in 'Flawless' which includes 32 different shades and I am very excited to try out this palette. The other palette is more high end and is the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette which contains six neutral matte shades.


I have decided to bring three different liners with me as I always wear eyeliner. I have picked the Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide On Eye Pencil in 'Lush' as it creates a natural eye look and doesn't move once I have applied the liner and is the perfect brown shade. The Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 'Bronze' is my other favourite which pairs perfectly with a bronzed eye look. I also put in the Soap & Glory Supercat Liquid Liner if I want to create a heavier eye look for a dinner.


The Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Flared Mascara is my main mascara as it gives volume and length to my lashes and is long lasting. I have always enjoyed this mascara and it is the only one I have used for the last couple of months. However I have also picked my Mac False Lashes Extreme Black which is a tester sample and is a perfect size for travelling with.


Lip products is something that I find quite hard to scale down on and ended up with four products. I have decided to bring the Mac Lipstick in 'Impassioned' which is a bright pink colour and is perfect for a summer holiday. I also chose the Topshop Lipstick in 'Brighten Rock' which is another bright pink colour but it slightly long lasting. A more pink toned product is the Miners Moisture Effect Lipstick in 'English Rose'. The last product is the Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in 'Nudist' which is a more natural shade.

What do you bring with you on holiday?

Emily <3

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of personalising your own make up bag, I may do that! That blush pallet is gorgeous and love the look of that eye shadow pallet too, so many pretty shades! x http://coffeeatmidnight13.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my make up bag and is worth a look :) xx

      Delete
  2. Haha, wow you don't mess around with your brushes!! I actually am the opposite. I can get away with five brushes and be golden. Makeup though, I have pounds and pounds of. ALWAYS.. Hahah. I agree, UD Original Primer Potion is also my favorite. I'd had such bad luck trying to find something that worked for me, so when I found UD PP I just kept repurchasing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right!? ;)

    I see so many people talk about the Supercat by Soap & Glory. REALLLLLLY want to get my hands on it. Looks like you've got lots of great products for holiday!! Thanks for sharing it! It was fun to see!

    Much Love!!
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using the Urban Decay Primer Potion and the Supercat Liner is amazing :) xx

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric